Ford Transit Connect Forum

Official Membership Card

Not that I've ever poached any undersized game.......but if you open along the spine, then take the back strap first, you could work your way down separating the major quarters  from the skeletal structure.  You will have all of the large muscle mass pieces off and in your ice chest first, without any worry about contaminating meat if you accidentally cup open the bladder, intestines, et cetera.  You can also harvest the hide with the soft belly skin in the middle intact.    A different approach from traditional upside down, opening at the belly cavity.  

17 hours ago, mrtn said:

Did you call the wildlife management service?

Never. Here in my state the wildlife commission can issue a fine for killing the deer which is used to "replace" the killed animal. 

Instead I chose to leave the animal where it laid and feed the coyotes and wolves that my state keeps releasing in our neighborhoods against our wills. 

7 hours ago, BSUPC said:

the coyotes and wolves that my state keeps releasing in our neighborhoods against our wills. 

Every jurisdiction "manages" wild life in a strange way.  In The Big City, pigeons are protected.  

1 hour ago, Fifty150 said:

In The Big City, pigeons are protected.

Put the pigeons in a baking dish, with the strip of bacon over each. Place them in a hot (500 degrees F) oven and bake for 5 minutes. Blend the butter and flour over low heat, then add the stock, Kitchen Bouquet, and seasoning and stir until smooth. Add the pigeons and the onions. Let simmer for one hour over very low heat. Then put the pigeons and sauce in a pie dish, cover with a pastry crust, and bake at 500 degrees F for about 12 minutes.

Yeah. The Great State of North Carolina decided that our deer population in my County had grown to large. So they shortened our deer hunting season by 1 week and then started releasing coyote packs all over the county for 4 years straight several times a year. Now they are releasing wolves (which are not native here) all over the county to control the overwhelmingly large coyote population that they caused. Also they have increased our deer hunting season back up by 2 weeks now to help control the deer population because the coyotes fed on pets and livestock instead of the deer. They have also started a limitless open season on coyotes because the wolves are doing the same thing the coyotes did. 

9 hours ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

Put the pigeons in a baking dish, with the strip of bacon over each. Place them in a hot (500 degrees F) oven and bake for 5 minutes. Blend the butter and flour over low heat, then add the stock, Kitchen Bouquet, and seasoning and stir until smooth. Add the pigeons and the onions. Let simmer for one hour over very low heat. Then put the pigeons and sauce in a pie dish, cover with a pastry crust, and bake at 500 degrees F for about 12 minutes.

Sounds like too much work.  Not much meat on a pigeon.  

Here, we simply roast them.  I have a rotisserie.  Good.  But still not enough meat.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:08 PM, Fifty150 said:

Any incentives to shooting wolves & coyotes?  I hear that in some states, there is a bounty on Nutria.

No dead animals or attacked children. Other then that, no.

• 2 weeks later...

$4K in damages so far. They started working on it yesterday and will probably find more damage once they actually get the hood to open. I am at the 50% mark of the 75% needed to total it so far. Either way it will get fixed even if I have to take less money and fix it myself. I have a hammer, WD40, and duct tape so all things are possible. :)   LOL

Edited by BSUPC

Got the call yesterday saying that my van is 50% repaired.   I jumped for joy when she said this one the voicemail, whew they didnt total it. 

I get to keep my membership card. :)  Just hope that it looks half as nice as Jiquay's does when I get it back. 

8 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Maybe now you will consider trading in for a new model.  

This is what I was trying to keep from happening. I do not like the TC 2014 to present. I would buy the Transit over a 2014 or newer Transit Connect.  I do not need another soccer mom mini van, as I have a dodge caravan already for that. 

3 hours ago, Jiquay said:

BSUPC: They'll buff it & paint it but it'll still cost you $30g+ to look as good as mine 8-)

GK

So very true. lol  I like the looks of the new body style of the TC's, but not for my job. If I was to buy a 2014 or newer TC it would have to be the wagon. 

1 hour ago, BSUPC said:

This is what I was trying to keep from happening. I do not like the TC 2014 to present. I would buy the Transit over a 2014 or newer Transit Connect.  I do not need another soccer mom mini van, as I have a dodge caravan already for that. 

I didn't buy my soccer mom minivan for looks either.  If parking and fuel consumption were not a consideration, I would have bought a full size van.  Alas, I already have a pickup to guzzle gas with, and it's hard to park a full size pickup in The City.  You don't know how many times I find a parking space, only to have to keep moving along because the truck does not fit.

I hear that with the Dodge Caravan, you turn a lot of heads with the "Soccer Moms Looking For A Little Excitement On The Side" demographic.  

16 hours ago, BSUPC said:

So very true. lol  I like the looks of the new body style of the TC's, but not for my job. If I was to buy a 2014 or newer TC it would have to be the wagon. 

The Inside of the Two vans are  closer in size  than you think . Having driven both the 2014 I have is a much more competent machine.

2011 TC inside specs.png

2014 inside specs.png

Edited by G B L

On the new body style, that passenger seat fold down and tucks right up to the glove box.  The plastic back can be your work desk, laptop cradle, lunch room......or if you simply need to slide 10' lengths of pipe into the van.  With the first generation, your option with pipe was to either have it sticking out the passenger window, or drive with the rear door open so that the pipe could hand out. 

I just wish the engineers could make the back fit 8'X4' of plywood, sheetrock, et cetera.  At the dealership, they must hear that complaint all the time.  With a few more inches, Ford could sell way more vans.  But I'm also the guy who wants a small 1/4 ton truck, like a Tacoma, with a full bed.....despite conventional wisdom being that if they sold a full bed 1/4 ton, everybody would overload it and it would be unsafe.  I guess if the Transit Connect were just a little bigger, then people would overload it and it would be unsafe.  I constantly see our E150, E250, & E350 vans being overloaded.  Just because it will physically fit, it doesn't mean that the suspension and braking will handle correctly.

It’s deliberate. They want to separate the Connect and full size Transit. They make more money on professional vans so they need to make sure the Connect is not fully usable for building contractors and such other than to haul tools and compressors around. It may feel too big of a jump in the US market but they actually have the Transit Custom in Europe to fit exactly between the Connect and fullsize.