Ford Transit Connect Forum

Any Inverter Gurus Here?

Recently picked up on a 2011 TC that already has a 1kw inverter installed. It all works, and should come in handy for short camping trips and such.

vanner-inverter.jpg

Nice installation, so no changes required, other than maybe going with a two battery system and solar addon later if I get bored and/or want to go completely off the grid for any extended period of time.

Question though ... what the heck is this?

battery-isolator.jpg

The AC plug is usually covered (you can see that hanging below it) but I haven't a clue if that's for an external charger, AC hookup in a campground, or just there to confuse people. Thoughts?

PS ... that looks to be an isolator along side the battery, but don't quote me. Always thought those were only on two battery systems anyway? Maybe there's another battery hiding somewhere already and I just haven't found it yet? Or ... maybe that's a cutoff switch to disconnect the inverter if the battery goes under a "safe" limit for starting the TC ... that would make sense.

Edited by sKiZo