Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hi everyone and greetings from Long Beach, CA. I was thinking about installing hella 500’s in my newly acquired 2017 TC . Lights will be mounted on a license plate light bracket. I’ve only owned/ worked on old Volvo’s and this is my first Ford vehicle. 

I was was wondering if the firewall has an access grommet ( like in some Volvo models) from where I can pass wires easily or do I have to drill through the firewall ?

Also, is there a way to remove the grill without removing the front bumper on the 2nd generation  TC? 

Thanks so much!

Check out Mike Chell's thread on his van and his video about installing the back up camera. It shows him removing the glove box which gives access to the fuse box and also the large grommet through the fire wall that houses the main wiring harness and that will be your best bet through he firewall. Just make sure to remove the pins to the glovebox before trying to get behind the box or you'll break the plastic hinge attachment points. It seems like you can open the box further without removing the pins but you'll break them if you try. Don't ask me how I know:cry: