Ford Transit Connect Forum

Help: What is this switch?

gspam

Just picked up my 2018 TC Wagon LWB XL  on Friday night.  I can't find reference to this switch in the manual, nothing on the web, and the dealer sales guys didn't know what is was either.  Picture attached, it is in front of the cup holder in the center console and the 12V power port is to the right of it.  I think I found a picture of every Ford switch icon on the web, but not this one.  Any help very much appreciated.

Mystery Switch.jpg

I might be wrong ... but I saw a similar button on a recent rental car.

In the dark of night, if you push that button, I BELIEVE, you'll get foot well lights.  It was a pretty neat feature, if you dropped something down there.

The light was too dim to be seen during the day.

Nothing happens, other than the tiny led on the switch lights up.  I've had someone walk around the van,  and no lights come on.   I thought it might switch the power port next to it,  but that's hot all the time.   I special ordered the Taxi version for more rear leg room.  Maybe it turns the Taxi light on top on or off?   Didn't want a hole in the roof so I didn't get that option. 

7 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Press it, and see what happens.  

It sure looks like a "light" switch icon.  Perhaps you're correct about the roof light.  I was wondering if the indicator lamp on the switch came on.  Since it does, you know it gets power.  But if the light it's SUPPOSED to operate isn't there ...

Please let us know if you DO find something it's connected to.