Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
ertzog

dash cam wiring (2016 tc titanium)

has anyone added a dash cam to their TC?

In my 2016 TC titanium there is a large sensor pod/center windshield panel associated with the rearview mirror. I expect there is power here that I could tap into for a dash cam.

does anyone have a wiring diagram for this assembly/know the safe way to pop off the cover?

You can always run a wire from the overhead light.

I put one in my T.C. Cargo version.  Took the driver's side windshield trim off.  That exposes a hole through the body that accesses the engine compartment.  I ran a fuse extender

dsc01907.jpg

from the fuse block, hooked into a "key on" fuse.  The wire was then routed up, under the trim, to the over head area, and out to the camera location.

It turns on and off with the ignition, as designed.

I figured I'd do a video on how I installed my dashcam.

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply/info.

I have used fuse extenders and a similar wire path (to an interior fuse block) to do a dash cam on a Ford fiesta.  Seeing the a-pillar cover off is a great confidence booster.

Mike,

The power port fits nicely and easily in the filler piece above the lights on the shelf. I added both USB power ports and 12v outlet there when I modified my overhead shelf.

And for my dashcam I was able to skip the adapter and use just a USB cable for power.

20170619_182006.jpg

AH !!!  I didn't even think of the "built in" USB adapters.  I'll have to look for some of those ... replace the "cigarette lighter" power ports.  One less connection in the circuit is always a better idea.

Thank YOU, for the picture!