Ford Transit Connect Forum

dash cam wiring (2016 tc titanium)

has anyone added a dash cam to their TC?

In my 2016 TC titanium there is a large sensor pod/center windshield panel associated with the rearview mirror. I expect there is power here that I could tap into for a dash cam.

does anyone have a wiring diagram for this assembly/know the safe way to pop off the cover?

I put one in my T.C. Cargo version.  Took the driver's side windshield trim off.  That exposes a hole through the body that accesses the engine compartment.  I ran a fuse extender

dsc01907.jpg

from the fuse block, hooked into a "key on" fuse.  The wire was then routed up, under the trim, to the over head area, and out to the camera location.

It turns on and off with the ignition, as designed.

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply/info.

I have used fuse extenders and a similar wire path (to an interior fuse block) to do a dash cam on a Ford fiesta.  Seeing the a-pillar cover off is a great confidence booster.

AH !!!  I didn't even think of the "built in" USB adapters.  I'll have to look for some of those ... replace the "cigarette lighter" power ports.  One less connection in the circuit is always a better idea.

Thank YOU, for the picture!

• 1 month later...