Ford Transit Connect Forum

anyone ready to talk about the 2019 FTC?

I ordered my '18 specifically to get one with as little electronic crap possible.

The salesman tried to push my stereo up to sync, saying how convenient to hook it to my cellphone. I dropped my flippie DumbPhone on his desk & told him to give of the apps.

But I'd love a turbodiesel & manual transmission!

GK

11 hours ago, frintervention said:

Anyone have any idea if the 2019s will allow for the possibility of someday upgrading to wireless android auto? push button starting? Thanks!

I think it will probably have all that and more

I read an article last week about a "New van for seniors" with adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring and the rear cross traffic alert to warn you when you're backing out of a parking space (My Chevy Volt has all these) and what got me to reading the article in the first place was . . . . the photo of the Transit Connect at the top of the page.  Supposedly, the 2019's will have all this available.  The 'Infotainment Center' in my Volt also has Android Auto, 4G wireless hotspot and Onstar of course  -  I suspect the 2019 TC's will have something similar

Don 

• 6 months later...

I've had my 2019 Wagon LWB XLT for three weeks and enjoying the experience very much.  Great visibility, space and comfort.  I have good connectivity of my Android phone altho Android Auto does require a USB connection for Google Maps and phone screen on the Transit Display. Blindspot and driver assist is growing on me. Took a lot of searching to find a car on a lot so I didn't have to wait up to 4 months to get what I wanted. Dealer was 100 miles away! Only compromise I had to make was color, but I can handle it.  Enjoying thinking about a few ways to do some simple additions for an occasional overnight  or weekend of dry camping.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 9:40 AM, Jiquay said:

I ordered my '18 specifically to get one with as little electronic crap possible.

The salesman tried to push my stereo up to sync, saying how convenient to hook it to my cellphone. I dropped my flippie DumbPhone on his desk & told him to give of the apps.

But I'd love a turbodiesel & manual transmission!

GK

I didn't care for Sync 3 either , i have a smartphone but use it for emergencies only , i have no interest in app's and all that other stuff .  I don't even use the regular standard Sync .