Ford Transit Connect Forum

What to look for when buying?

Glen G

Hi guys names Glen I work in construction and have a passion for cars vans etc.. Just need some good information.. I have a vw caddy and I'm looking seriously at buying a connect... 

I like the 2012 onwards connects so il be looking at a few.. Can any of u tell me what are they like in terms of reliability driving day to day etc.. And what to look out for when buying apart from usual 

Cheers Glen 

Can't help you much with the tips and tricks as I'm also a new owner, but I'd been looking at the TC for a while before pulling the trigger.

In any case, here I am, and here you are, and welcome aboard! 

Caddy is considered better than Connect, usually. The new ones look quite nice as well. The VW plastic is not my thing tho, or the seating position.

You say 2012 onwards? Or do you mean 2014 onwards (the new shape)? The first generation was in production from 2002 to 2013 with two facelifts (bar grille in 2007 and the surprised bunny bumper plus new dashboard in 2010). 

1.5 diesel and 1.0 Ecoboost petrol are considered to be the best engines for the new shape in Europe. 1.6 Ecoboost is quite rare as many markets did not introduce it at all, including the UK.

• 1 month later...