Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

I decided at Christmas that I want an FTC Wagon this year, so I started counting Wagons I see on the road (including driveways & dealers' lots.) (I count vans, too, & that's a double-digit count every day)

#1 was a neighbour's driveway that I knew was there (he has since sold it.)

#2 was New Year's Eve that convinced me I've made the right decision - a drunk in a Chevy Tahoe burned a light & got T-boned in the left front wheel by a FTCW. Both doing 70 km/h. Family of 4 walked out of the FTC although their car looked like a mass shooting at a Judy Doll factory - limp airbags everywhere! The guy & gal in the Tahoe came out with Jaws of Life...

I won't enumerate all the others, (2 in driveways near the dealer I'm going through) but I saw #7 today March 23 in Greenfield Park QC.

Are wagons as rare elsewhere as they are in Montreal area?

G5

Yes  they are not the norm, and the ones with swing doors in the back are even harder to find. I was fortunate that a dealer in north eastern VT had exactly the right one in black. 

Most people who buy minivans get Dodge, Honda, & Toyota.  

#11 parks less than 50 metres from me at work & I didn't even know it - their building is between their parking lot & ours, and I arrive from the other side.

On 3/23/2018 at 7:26 PM, Jiquay said:

Are wagons as rare elsewhere as they are in Montreal area?

G5

They seem to be rare too in metro Vancouver area. Although they are familiar with the vans, people ask me regularly what kind of vehicle I drive when I pull up with my xlt wagon.

There is usually some used wagons for sale at dealerships (ex-rentals), but they are not a hot item, and don't seem to move easily. That allowed me to negotiate a good deal when I bought mine, after it sat unsold for 8 months.

Dandy:

you have rental wagons around? I rented a van to get a decent test drive of the chassis, because NOBODY rents the wagon & dealers (other than Chartrand Ford) don't stock them. 

Chartrand had a wagon on order for stock but its' option list was diametrically opposite what I want - hence my long wait as Ford builds mine.

GK

That is what I was told when I bought my slightly used wagon. It has been previously insured for 6-8 months (8500 kms) as a rental, according to the carproof papers.

I checked the websites of the local rental companies, and none of them lists a TC specifically; just a brand or another "or similar". I have a hunch that maybe Hertz has some TCs, but I haven't phoned to check.

Wagons are rare here.  When I was looking last summer seemed to be a number of used ones for sale that had come from rental fleets.  When I say a good number that is with a 500 mile search radius on GarGurus or AutoTrader.  I have only seen 5 or 6 wagons since I bought mine.  They are rare here  The van version is everywhere!