Ford Transit Connect Forum

“Transmission Fault-Service Now”

Mcollins1013

Hi there,

First post in the forum. I’ve got a 2015 Ford Transit Connect XLT and am driving it cross country on tour with my band. While crossing the Arizona desert yesterday an error message popped up on the odometer display: “Transmission Fault-Service Now”. We pulled off the highway and proceeded to locate the nearest ford dealer as it’s still under the powertrain warranty. However, upon starting the car the error message had disappeared and hasn’t reappeared in the 200 miles we’ve driven since. I’ve got an OBDII reader and didn’t find any codes, and did a vehicle health report which turned up 100% OK. The vehicle does not appear to exhibit any difficult shifting or driving. Should I just forget about it and keep going or cancel shows and take the time to get it checked out? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You will need an up scale scanner which will give Transmission information. This should give more detailed trans information . How many miles?  Has any one checked the fluid level on the car, that is the first thing to do.  

You are correct that is one of the Major short comings of  this vehicle.  That having been said the fluid level is always the first thing to check in any issue with an automatic transmission.

Any service station has the ability to raise this vehicle and check the level.

This error message and the "engine fault, service now" can be caused by a simple sensor failing briefly, or something more serious. I recently got the engine fault warning on my 2016 and it cleared with an engine restart.

If it happens again I will take it in for a warranty repair. At least they can scan it with something better than my OBDII tool. OBDII shows no error codes.