Ford Transit Connect Forum

Finally got it! 2018 TC Titanium LWB

Hey everyone, after ordering in September, I finally got it a few days ago! Everything seems perfect.

I put in a Weathertech mat to cover the whole load area from behind the first row to the back.

I also swapped out the battery for an AGM to run my ARB Fridge/Freezer.

I have a Yakima LoadWarrior Cargo Basket that I brought out of storage and thought I'd try it. My biggest concern was it wouldn't fit in the garage height wise, but it will, still under 7'.

I was a bit surprised to see the tire pressure recommended settings at 42psi?

I know this is a stretch, but has anyone bought a radar detector mirror mount bracket? The inside rear-view mirror we have might not be compatible with any of the brackets being made, including Blendmount and RadarMount? I sent a note to BlendMount and waiting to hear back. This all might be a mute point, as a radar detector might not work with Ford's InstaClear windshield?

I ordered the Upfitter Wiring Harness, still can't figure out what the heck it includes and where? If anyone knows??

I put a coating of Liquid Glass Polish on, here are a few pics...

TWB04085_DxO.jpg

TWB04086_DxO.jpg

TWB04087_DxO.jpg

TWB04088_DxO.jpg

TWB04090_DxO.jpg

TWB04091_DxO.jpg

TWB04092_DxO.jpg

Loading and unloading in the rain (or hot sun) I wouldn't have anything other than the lift gate

But, the real reason for me was . . . . I drove a cargo van with the cargo doors and never did get used to the restricted visibility from the inside rear view mirror.  I know it doesn't bother everyone, but I would never get used to it

Don

3 hours ago, Beta Don said:

Loading and unloading in the rain (or hot sun) I wouldn't have anything other than the lift gate

But, the real reason for me was . . . . I drove a cargo van with the cargo doors and never did get used to the restricted visibility from the inside rear view mirror.  I know it doesn't bother everyone, but I would never get used to it

Don

I like the cargo doors because I tend to enter and exit thru the back. I just know a hatch would whack me in the head (when I wasn't looking).

What is that on the hitch, a step?

Edited by OLDSCHOOLFOOL
Add question

14 hours ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

What is that on the hitch, a step?

Yes, it's a Weathertech BumpStep. It works well as a step, but I like it in case someone bumps into me, which has happened on my other vehicle and saved my rear door from getting smashed in. I also have the wider version called BumpStep XL (24" wide), but it was interfering with my back-up sensors, this BumpStep 12" wide one doesn't.

Sweet, I really like it.

I almost went with the red, chose black instead. I like the wheels, 17" - couldn't get them with the cargo van only the wagon.

Great choice, my 2017 has been bullet proof, no warranty issues yet at 21,000 miles. Congrats! Many fun times ahead.

10 hours ago, zalienz said:

I almost went with the red, chose black instead. I like the wheels, 17" - couldn't get them with the cargo van only the wagon

Tire Rack can solve your issue if you cannot take it any more !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to find a way to private message (PM) you but didn't.

Tried to edit my prior message but the forum told me it was too late.

SO

You wrote ordered in September.  Was there any special reason it took so long?

I'm wanting to order a 2019 SWB diesel.  Many reasons. 

But it is listed as limited availability and I'll probably need another vehicle in the interim between ordering in September and eventual delivery.  But the dealer said that might be a month to ???.  

If I figure on looking at 6 months my best bet might be to pick up a used econo box in the interim.  If it will be a month a short term lease/long term rental might be better.

So I'm wondering why your order took about 6 months. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ford-diesel, sorry, I just now saw your reply. It actually took 4-months. My dealer told me it could take as long as 6-months. It's built in Spain and 4-months seems the normal amount of time for a US order. I ordered in September and it arrived at the dealer in January. I didn't pick it up untill March because thats when my Ford Edge lease was up.

• 2 weeks later...

ordered the Ford Transit Connect XLT Cargo Van January 8 2018. Arrived April 20 2018 in Newark New Jersey from Spain. I believe here the Van goes through the chicken tax retrofit. Still waiting now   May 12 2018.  5 - 6 months?

1 hour ago, Bo Kuga said:

ordered the Ford Transit Connect XLT Cargo Van January 8 2018. Arrived April 20 2018 in Newark New Jersey from Spain. I believe here the Van goes through the chicken tax retrofit. Still waiting now   May 12 2018.  5 - 6 months?

You're getting close. You can almost smell the new car smell.

I have the same configuration for my 2015. What color is yours?

I thought the port of entry used to be in Maryland. Perhaps Ford moved operations to the port of Newark instead.

I would image that there is some added delay in grouping the vehicles for rail transportation to regional hubs.

For my order, it took exactly two months from the time it shipped from Spain until it arrived at the local dispatch in Los Angeles.

Total wait from order to delivery was six months. It's worth the wait. Good luck!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, my 3-year lease is up in two weeks. This has been a fantastic vehicle, absolutely no problems. The only thing I miss is 4wd. For this reason only, I ordered a 2021 Explorer. I had an Explorer before my Transit Connect and liked it, except for the mileage not being as good. Now, in 2021, with the 300hp 2.3L 4cyl Ecoboost with 10-speed trans and 4wd it is rated at 20 city 27 highway and 23 combined, not bad! And, the performance is amazing, I drove one. The inside cargo floor space with all seats folded is about the same. Where you gain with the Connect is height. Also the sliding doors on the Connect are more handy than conventional doors, at least I think so. So, I think there are advantages to the Connect, just wish they made 4wd. One other thing I find interesting, the Explorer is about $6,000 to $8,000 more expensive, but, the lease payment is about the same! This is because the residual value is better on the Explorer, and incentives are usually better. For those that are purchasing instead of leasing this doesn't apply so much.

Great to hear about a reliable vehicle.  Have to agree about the gas mileage, mine is not horrible but not so great either.  My van was kicked out of it most favored parking status las month when I bought a Chevy Bolt, TC did come in handy as it got me an additional $750 off.  Now I have my van for hauling stuff and taking long trips and the Bolt for around town - will take some trips but the TC carries more stuff and people.  Gas mileage - well how about just driving past gas stations :-)  BoltEVs are super cheap right now with lots of rebates plus we have a GM Card so got an additional $6,400 off - out the door for $21,322 for a car that sticker at $44,130 - all I can figure is GM makes it up on volume.  A fun little car with 200HP and 1 speed.  For speed well there my motorcycle ....

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! I'm going into my third year with my Explorer which replaced my TC. I like the Explorer, but miss the TC in many ways! I don't use rear seats, except maybe going out to dinner with another couple. So, seats are always folded. I have a RAD folding electric bike that fit much better in the TC, mostly because of the roof height, I really miss that! My three year leased Explorer will end next February 2024, and was hoping for another TC, but sadly they may be gone here in the US. I specked out a full size Transit, but won't fit in my garage and much more money.

Anyway, just thought I would check in on the forum and see what's new!