Ford Transit Connect Forum

Reading lights for rear passengers in gen 2?

Slight bummer with the Transit Connect for me is no reading lights for rear passengers.  Be great if the same 3-light fixture in front overhead console would fit for rear passengers as well.  Would like some type of OEM solution.  Maybe something out of another ford car perhaps?

You can buy an OEM light with reading lights that snaps in. I found it on the Tasca Ford website. But there is not constant 12v power overhead for passenger use. I wired my light so all 3 lights go on when the doors open (switches have to be "on" at the light). This works well to add more cargo as area light. 

Let me know if you want the p/n and I will search for my purchase. It was less than $30 I think.

18 minutes ago, Don Ridley said:

You can buy an OEM light with reading lights that snaps in. I found it on the Tasca Ford website. But there is not constant 12v power overhead for passenger use. I wired my light so all 3 lights go on when the doors open (switches have to be "on" at the light). This works well to add more cargo as area light. 

Let me know if you want the p/n and I will search for my purchase. It was less than $30 I think.

Sure if you can find it. Sounds like a better alternative. Thanks.

Here's the part number,:

8A6A-13776-A

You will have to add a jumper wire to route the switched 12v to the map lamps. It is simple and requires a female spade lug. I installed LED bulbs and recommend the Phillps 194LED bulbs over the cheap ones on Amazon. They have better color, are brighter and don't fail after 2 months.

10 hours ago, Don Ridley said:

Here's the part number,:

8A6A-13776-A

You will have to add a jumper wire to route the switched 12v to the map lamps. It is simple and requires a female spade lug. I installed LED bulbs and recommend the Phillps 194LED bulbs over the cheap ones on Amazon. They have better color, are brighter and don't fail after 2 months.

Thank you!