Ford Transit Connect Forum

Speaker Pin assignment for the 6000CD

I'm trying to hook up a powered subwoofer (Kenwood KSC SW-10) to my 6000CD head unit. I'll be hanged if I can't find a diagram for the speaker wires on the back of that head unit. I want to keep the original head unit if I can because in my neighborhood if it ain't stock then it gets stolen. Lost two on my previous vehicle and got broke into 3 times. I even installed a deer cam on my garage and caught the last guy on film. Turned the chip into the police. That was the last I heard of the incident. Sooo I need to keep the the van as OEM looking as posible. Can anyone help?

I'm trying to hook up a powered subwoofer (Kenwood KSC SW-10) to my 6000CD head unit. I'll be hanged if I can't find a diagram for the speaker wires on the back of that head unit. I want to keep the original head unit if I can because in my neighborhood if it ain't stock then it gets stolen. Lost two on my previous vehicle and got broke into 3 times. I even installed a deer cam on my garage and caught the last guy on film. Turned the chip into the police. That was the last I heard of the incident. Sooo I need to keep the the van as OEM looking as posible. Can anyone help?

Left front speaker / White with black stripe(+) and Gray with black stripe (-)

Right front speaker / White with red stripe(+) and Gray with red stripe (-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou so very much.

How does the sub sound? I'm needing some idea for a sub. Either under the seat or behind it. I have a bulk head but I think I still have some options. 8inch JL in a custom box or a bazooka tube sub.

Did you just tap the sub into the left & right speakers? Any loss of sound from the left and right?

• 4 weeks later...

How does the sub sound? I'm needing some idea for a sub. Either under the seat or behind it. I have a bulk head but I think I still have some options. 8inch JL in a custom box or a bazooka tube sub.

Did you just tap the sub into the left & right speakers? Any loss of sound from the left and right?

Sorry. Been busy lately. I haven't hooked it up yet. It's been too hot in Texas, so it will be a fall project. However I had a simular unit in my old Nissan pickup and it sounded great. Couldn't break the law with it but it had plenty of rich bass for just rockin' and rollin'. I plan to just tap into the speaker wires behing the head unit with those side clip-on wire connectors. The wire harness on the unit is sturdy enough for the amount of wattage this will carry. Also looking into a small amp for the door speakers and a 7" gps/dvd head unit. Found some on lightinthebox.com for under $300.00. Again waiting till fall.

Sorry. Been busy lately. I haven't hooked it up yet. It's been too hot in Texas, so it will be a fall project. However I had a simular unit in my old Nissan pickup and it sounded great. Couldn't break the law with it but it had plenty of rich bass for just rockin' and rollin'. I plan to just tap into the speaker wires behing the head unit with those side clip-on wire connectors. The wire harness on the unit is sturdy enough for the amount of wattage this will carry. Also looking into a small amp for the door speakers and a 7" gps/dvd head unit. Found some on lightinthebox.com for under $300.00. Again waiting till fall.

BTW, that Kenwood has the amp in the box and fits nicely under the seat. You just hook into the acc block on the fuse block and the left and right wires out of the head unit. Shouldn't be a loss to left or right sound.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, that Kenwood has the amp in the box and fits nicely under the seat. You just hook into the acc block on the fuse block and the left and right wires out of the head unit. Shouldn't be a loss to left or right sound.

I am going with a 8inch Kicker shallow mount and building a custom box. $300 is to much, found some other deals, but my budget is around a $100. Already have an old alpine digital amp. Need to clean out my garage so I can build the box. Should sound pretty good.