Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Timbo

I'm considering installing driving / fog lamps on my 2010

I recently found these driving lights on Amazon, but they don't have any reviews to vouch for their quality. -->  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CZ6NW4W?tag=viglink21027-20

Has anyone successfully installed fog or driving lights on their 1st Generation TC, and if so, what did you go with?  

I've never seen anything in the van that suggests there might already be wiring and/or harnesses to attach lights to, and I'm a little ambivalent about running a bunch of aftermarket wires, relays, switches, etc. just to mount some lights I don't really need.  

I just thought they might look spiffy with my new wheels. :spend:

Edited by Timbo

Check out Spec-D foglights. I've heard good things about this brand.

So, like ... what happened here?

Took a peek at the link on Amazon, and that kit includes wiring, with a dash switch and everything, so I assUme the stock harness doesn't include that unless the TC is ordered that way. Maybe someone who's been there, done that, can chime in, as I'd had the same thoughts for when I get into upgrades here.

Hmm, pull the original headlight switch one click towards yourself, this is the fog light switch.

So, your saying the wiring's already there? Just remove the fake bezels on the bumper and plug in a set of lights?

Oh. Funny ha ha ... I clicked on the Amazon link posted earlier, and got a warning from Amazon that it doesn't fit my 2011 TC. Go figure.

For a 2011, I would simply source a good off-road light, fog light, flood light, or spot beam, and bolt it onto the plastics along the bumper/grill area.  Set up one of those LED light bars with a remote control switch, so that you don't have to do much wiring, or drill into your firewall to run the switch wires.  Most of the LED light bars on the market today will produce adequate illumination.  I was able to find LED light bars on Amazon which lit in yellow/amber for fog, and white/daylight for offroad use.