Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
heavySmoker

New 2017-18 head unit related questions

Hello all. I'm getting rid of my beloved 1995 Nissan D21 Hardbody and buying a new work/camping vehicle. I'm shopping for a new TC SWB Cargo van ('17 or '18, haven't settled) and I'd like it's head unit to include Android Auto, the ability to view a backup camera, and, if possible, connect to the steering wheel controls, but I'm kinda allergic to the price of the premium stock stereo. Oh, I'm going to have it installed professionally. I've seen the Kenwood Excelon DNX693S suggested here and it's close to what I'm looking for. Here are my questions:

Does anyone have experience with a similar unit that doesn't include a Nav system?

Does anyone have pics of an installed DNX693S or similar aftermarket head unit they could share?

Can one control the DNX693S (or similar) using the steering wheel buttons?

I might be in the wrong sub for this last one but it's related:

Stock vs aftermarket backup cam. Thoughts?

Thanks for taking the time. I'm excited for my new toy.

I'm partial to the factory setup, wiring is easier.  My 2016 backup camera works great, no problem seeing at night or or day.  Ive read a couple of comments about the image being dim at night.  I've only briefly looked at head units.  The number of choices are mind numbing.  When I was shopping I was prepared to upgrade the stock system.  Turned out the one I got has the Ford MyTough Sync with NAV (2016). so I didn't pursue the aftermarket option.