Ford Transit Connect Forum

New wagon owner

ELduder

I had been looking for one for a while and saw one on Carmax that I wanted to get. So I pulled the trigger a bit sooner than I expected since my 08 Scion xB decided to die on the way home from camping Sunday. After 217k miles it had enough. So I had to buy the wagon a  day early. Love the color and the features. I am planning on a new headunit since I want to use GPS and I don't want to do a mount for my phone. One of the nice things about the Scion was the center gauges gave you a nice spot to velcro the phone right in front of you. Carmax was great to deal with. Very straight forward I paid 200 to get it shipped from Chicago to Cincy. Set up an appointment went in to test drive it and noticed a bit of a spot on the passenger seat. They have a team of detailers there on staff so in about 30 minutes it was spotless. Car has 25k on it now and was a rental. I am taking it to my buddies garage tomorrow just to make sure nothing is weird. Carmax gives you 5 days to change your mind. 

IMG_20180121_173609.jpg

Welcome!  Nice TC and love the color.  I looked at new and used and planned to put in an aftermarket head unit if it didn't have the NAV already.  Crutchfields has good info on what it takes and a truly bewildering selection of head units.  Traded a VW Rabbit in on my TC that came from a rental fleet.  Daughter drove it until the twins came and I bought it from her for my son who gave it back after I bought him a Jetta wagon.  It didn't seem too much the worse for being a rental.  I have a Rabbit same year which I bought new and the difference between them was mostly due to one being outside all the time and the other spending the first 5 years of it's life in the garage - I rode a motorcycle most days to work so it truly was a garage queen.  I'm impressed camping over the weekend near Cincy!  That must have been cold.  

This was the first vehicle Ive bought in a while which wasn't a near panic decision to replace a car that was suddenly inoperable.  Last car was because daughter's Beetle decided to regurgitate part of a valve.  Had a Mercedes 190E (worst car Ive ever owned bought used from a friend with high mileage) crack a piston, parked it at the BMW dealer and test drove a 91 318iS.  Dealer said take it home and think about it, they knew what would happen!  That was the best and most fun car ever until my CBR600RR.  

• 2 months later...