Ford Transit Connect Forum

New to me 2016 TC LWB Titanium wagon

Donzo

Just bought a silver TC, 27k miles, with the 6 seats, to use as a handyman vehicle. Lots of fun so far, removed 2 seats. But 3 questions bugging me:

1. What is the black plastic plug in the roof, just behind the sunroof? (I also have a kind of UPC sticker still on the roof!)

2. No airflow coming out of dash board vent to the left of steering wheel. Is that common? 

3. Button in dash below heater knobs with a P and an up arrow. Any idea what that controls?

Actually a 4th question...the one post I made about the inexpensive roof racks....showed a long list of my profile stuff that I doubt many would want to read every time I make a post. How do I edit what shows and what doesn't? I couldn't see any choices, except maybe just delete that stuff from my profile?

Cheers,

Donzo

Welcome to the TC forum!

A couple of answers,

#2 - check the "wheel" on the left side of the dash, rolling it down closes off the vent, roll it up to open it

#3 - The P and up arrow is the switch to turn park assist on & off.

Not sure about the rest, enjoy your TC. Great little vans.

4th question, I noticed the same thing the other day.  It only shows on you when you are logged in.  The rest of us do not see the details.  I'm relatively new and saw the same thing a couple of days ago and then realized what it was.  

1st question, if it is the black lump looking thing then I think it is the GPS receive or Serrius antenna.  I have the Ford MyTouch Sync with Navigation and noticed the lump.  I don't have a sunroof so I may be wrong.

I have a '16 Titanium LWB I bought new about 5 weeks ago.  I plan to remove the back two seats and sometimes the middle two as well.  My plans are to haul grandkids, haul stuff wife buys, haul my scooter to the race track and camp in the van and tow my motorcycle.  

Don't know if you have fog lamps or cornering lamps but they look similar but function differently.  The cornering lamps come on when turning (not sure if they are speed sensitive or not) while the fog lamps can be turned on or off and if on are on all the time.  

Finally here is a link to the 2016 owners manual.  I've found it to be nice to look thru but not a replacement for the paper copy that comes with the van.  http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Index?bookcode=O29591&marketCode=US&languageCode=EN&VIN=&div=f