Ford Transit Connect Forum

Disconnecting remote key sensor in van

Hi, Only just joined forum, have searched topics but cannot find answer. Is it possible to disconnect the remote key sensor in the van on my 2011 connect, but still have the central locking working. i.e need to put key in lock to open doors.  I am not sure where this is located. Hope someone can help. The reason is for security as I believe on some occasions in a car park key scanning has taken place when I try to remote lock the door it opens again (certain it is not a fault).

Thanks david.

I do not know how to disable this. But from my experience with my 2012 TC the key fob works at a longer distance when facing the front of the TC and any angles to the sides or rear diminishes the range of the key fob. So just based off my experience I would suspect that the receiver for this feature would be in the front of the TC some where. Again this is just a guess on my part. Hopefully one of the member here can help narrow this down for you.