Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Does a 2016 Transit Connect have a rain sensing windshield? I am asking because my rain sensor was replaced because my automatic rain sensing windshield wipers were not turning on automatically. After the sensor was replaced the the automatic windshield wipers  still do not work. The dealer told me the van probably had the original windshield replaced and when they did so they didn't use the correct rain sensing windshield and that is why the automatic wiper function will not work in my van. I wanted to ask you all the experts if there is some truth to what the dealer has tolld me ? thanks for any input

The titanium model does. It may be an option on other trims though.

I can't really answer your question, but can add that my 2014 XLT Wagon has rain sensing wipers.  I'm pretty sure it was an option (and this XLT seems fairly loaded with options...). It's really handy for the misty seattle area.  Putting the wiper stalk in "wipe/intermittent" mode lets the rain sensors figure how how to adjust the intermittent delay (and I believe, also the wiper speed) without having to fiddle with the manual control.  Very nice feature!  This car is new to me, haven't had it yet even 2 weeks.  Good luck

Edited by jakeru

Is the windshield made by Ford (it will have the logo)? If so, how can it be wrong (a question for the dealer).

My 2016 XLT has a rain sensor sensitivity adjustment knob on the right stalk.

Go to the Ford ETIS website and get the factory configuration for your TC based on the VIN.

My XLT does not have the rain sensing wipers. Maybe the next one.