Ford Transit Connect Forum

Free Light Bar

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J4TQTF/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AAJ4X3L5NPN8F

No tricks.  No gimmicks.  I have it.  I don't want it.  I'm giving it away.  If you're willing to pick it up from me in San Francisco, CA, you can have it for free.  If you can prepay the shipping label, e-mail it to me, I will print it, stick it to the box, and send it off to you.  Or if you have a UPS account, I think that you can order the shipping, give me the tracking number, and the UPS facility can print the label and attach it.  I'm not quite sure, since I just don't ship things across the country  I suppose I could also accept PayPal for shipping + PayPal fees, but I really don't want to take money from anyone.  Best would be local pickup.  I meet you somewhere in The City, like at a police station for your safety and mine, and simply give it to you.

I am not a seller.  There is no warranty.  I got it from a friend for free.  This item has never been installed.  I was originally planning on installing this onto my truck, but changed my mind.  Now, I am giving it away to whomever wants it.  Or this will go to the donation bin at my local nonprofit thrift store.  

What's wrong with it, right?

I do not have any of the hardware.  You will need to fabricate your own mounting brackets.  You can get pretty creative with whatever you find at the hardware store.  But it looks like Amazon.com has a universal fit mounting bracket:  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CQWFRUM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1

There is no wiring harness.  But that is simple enough.  You simply need an inline fuse holder, a toggle switch, a relay, and wire.  A 15A fuse  should be sufficient.  

This light bar has 2 rows of LEDs.  One row is a low beam, which is suppose to be used for daytime running lamps.  It really projects no lighting onto the road, and is only meant to make you visible.  This feature does not work.  The other row of LEDs, which is the high beam function,  does work.  The functioning row of LEDs is extremely bright, and lights up the night.  My test indicates that it operates at just under 120 watt, which is about a 10 amp draw on your 12 volt system.

KIMG1223.thumb.JPG.3eb009028467d7ca6886920fecaf61df.JPGKIMG1224.thumb.JPG.a092dbeab1b512174ea185172f60be6d.JPG71%2BAF%2BCmdpL._SL1200_.jpg

16 minutes ago, Fifty150 said:

Who wants to come get it?

I sent you a direct message earlier saying that if you'd tell me exactly how much the final package weighs and what the dimensions are, I can email you a shipping label can print out and put on the package. UPS or USPS, your choice.

7 hours ago, williaty said:

I sent you a direct message earlier saying that if you'd tell me exactly how much the final package weighs and what the dimensions are, I can email you a shipping label can print out and put on the package. UPS or USPS, your choice.

Weird.  I got an e-mail advising that you sent a message.  It had a link.

image.png.985880a039859ba79a5d57b1b934292b.png

Sorry.  When I clicked on the e-mail link the first time, all that I got was:

image.thumb.png.a5c1e1578b2b8906381ade7e3511743b.png

14 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

You have a tractor too?

Yes Sir. Got two tractors actually. The first is an old International 444 and the other is a 2016 Kioti CK2510. 

Im just a country boy and wouldnt have it any other way. 

williaty,

What I did with my pickup truck, because I didn't want to drill into the roof, was attach the light bar to a couple of magnets.  That way, I can take it off when I'm done.  Since I live in The City, and park on the street, I don't have to worry about someone stealing the light bar off the roof of my truck.  The mounting brackets are bolted onto magnets, then sprayed with Plasti-Dip.  The wiring is simply soldered onto a 2 pin, waterproof headlight harness/socket/plug.  In the case of the light in the photos, I used size H10, because I happen to have had the parts, and because H10 is also the same size as the OEM fog lights on the F-150.  On the Transit Connect, my lights are connected by a different type of waterproof connector.  You can simply solder your wires and heat shrink them.

disconnect.jpg

KIMG1239.JPG

KIMG1240.JPG

KIMG1237.JPG

KIMG1238.JPG

KIMG1091.JPG

KIMG1089.JPG

williarty,

don't mind the kindergarten drawing.....but the light bar can easily be wired with a 15A fuse, a heavy duty toggle switch, some 16 AWG wire, and grounded back to the battery.

But just in case, refer to a wiring chart to be sure that you are using the correct size wire for your wiring run.

image.png.a140ce7940b00b421a2f8e5bd8f9ab15.png

Wire-Sizing-Chart-915x1024.jpg

Mount lights on the van.  I've tried a couple of different models.  I keep going back and forth with it.  I'm still not sure which one I like better.  So I keep switching them around.  

Ever thought about mounting lights where the hood meets the windshield?

image.thumb.png.402f5f2c05da84d429bcf06bb21abe07.png