Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

MLB

leather seat covers

MLB    1

I hate the velcro like nature of the fabric on my seats relative to my dogs hair.  i want to add a seat heater and thinking I'll go all out and get a leather seatcovers for easier cleaning.  Anyone replaced with anything they'd recommend or know of a good supplier for reasonable prices?  

I've used cordura seat covers in my last 2 vehicles and love the durability and easy cleanup. I work at a water plant and sometimes after working extra shifts fixing a leak I just hose off the majority of the mud and head home still wet and dirty. Just a damp rag does the job cleaning up whatever ends up on the seat covers. If I remember correctly, here's the two places I got them from:

http://www.gtcovers.com/seat-covers/fabrics.asp?fabric=waterproof

https://www.coverking.com/heavy-duty-ballistic.html

It's a good idea to add seat covers. Like DonS, I added them because of water/sand from a wetsuit at the beach, but I'm always snacking when I'm driving and it's amazing how much food ends up on the seat. They are not 100% waterproof, more like water resistant, which is okay for my purposes.

I got my seat covers from Seat Covers Unlimited, link below.

http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8P632Miw1wIVg25-Ch2rvAjIEAAYASAAEgIF2_D_BwE

I got the Neo-sport covers in black for the driver and passenger seats (cargo version).

I think I chose this outfit because I wanted to get a map pocket on the seat backs and not everyone offered that option. I really like having them on both sides.

The pair cost $257, which isn't cheap, but they appear to be well made, have a nice custom fit and have velcro tabs where the airbags are located.

Good luck!

There are 'seat covers' and then there is seat reupholstery which is what I think he's talking about  -  He doesn't want to cover over what he has . . . . I think he wants to take off the OEM upholstery, install seat heaters and then install new leather upholstery

I did this to my Miata many years ago  -  Quite a project!  I bought a set of Katzkins for about $500 which fit the seats perfectly and it looked better than factory stock when I got them on, but it was quite a job.  I think you get what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket leather upholstery and a set to do the front buckets in a TC might run you a good bit more than the $500 I paid 15 years ago

IMO, swapping the OEM upholstery which attracts dog hair for leather which I doubt would look good for very long when the dogs claws scratched them up *might* be an expensive mistake, but to each his own.  I've never had a dog in any of my vehicles, but if I owned one that I regularly took with me in the van I think I would be looking for something more practical than leather

Don

On 11/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, windguy said:

It's a good idea to add seat covers. Like DonS, I added them because of water/sand from a wetsuit at the beach, but I'm always snacking when I'm driving and it's amazing how much food ends up on the seat. They are not 100% waterproof, more like water resistant, which is okay for my purposes.

I got my seat covers from Seat Covers Unlimited, link below.

http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8P632Miw1wIVg25-Ch2rvAjIEAAYASAAEgIF2_D_BwE

I got the Neo-sport covers in black for the driver and passenger seats (cargo version).

I think I chose this outfit because I wanted to get a map pocket on the seat backs and not everyone offered that option. I really like having them on both sides.

The pair cost $257, which isn't cheap, but they appear to be well made, have a nice custom fit and have velcro tabs where the airbags are located.

Good luck!

Just got an emailed Black Friday Promo Code for 20% off in case that helps. See details in the attached PDF. 

SEAT COVERS.pdf