Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Bart Luther

Adventure van camper conversion

I have been working with limited time and knolage on a 2016 Transit connect titanium wagon day camper conversion. Thanks to all on this board who have given me help and ideas!  I didn't want to settle for the stock configuration of this van and wanted to take advantage of the space for my personal need of daily driver and weekend worrier. In the process I am learing new skills .I have documented with many  pictures my progress and will figure out  how to upload so others who are interested can see what I have done. I use my cell phone access this board so I find it somewhat  difficult and may be a little slow responding. 

20171029_171546.jpg

This is a picture of the storage cabinets /raised  bed platform test fit and temporary folding  bed/lounger. I will eventually make  some custom cushions and hinged folding bed platform but this will work for next weekend mountain bike camping trip and allow me fo fine tune some ideas 

20171029_172717.jpg

I would like to show the lounger turned and laid flat for a bed but the picture file is to large?  Weird because it's the same as all the other pictures I took with my phone and not having any problems uploaded them ? I will take some more soon and try again. 

This is in seconds row seating mode .I will anchor down with strong turnbuckles and add a few seat belts .dang file to large again with this picture 

20171029_172327.jpg

Edited by Bart Luther
Added pictures

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing more mods and pics.

Trial run with the adventure van went well . In my design I wanted to leave roolm to put a bike inside easily without having to take a wheel off or lower the seat . That long space also works good for long items like a big tent and . I used the Kuat 4 bike rack most of the time but was happy to be able to put the bike inside for security while hiking or going into town for supplies. 

2017-11-05 21.45.04.jpg

I used a 2 inch raised adaptor for the kuat rack .worked perfect for giving me just enough space to raise the back door without hitting the rack 

2017-11-05 22.35.53.jpg

I was able to fit all my camping gear in the van easily plus room for my girlfriends stuff and lots of extra gizmos for camping comfort. Still averaged over 25 mpg crusing at 80+ most of the way lots of hills .Very happy so far with the lay out . The weather was to nice to try out the low watt heater and solar generator. Also no bugs so didn't hook up the window and rear hatch bug screens. But the big glass moon roof was awesome to out  and see all the stars 

2017-11-05 22.52.16.jpg

This wood box mounted to the floor added lots of space for my small camp stove, dry food, and plenty of cooking utensils / pots and pans my girlfrend loved it ! Used a towel to stop any rattling noises. Als box can be used for a passenger to sit on although I will have to add a seat belt . Simple removable lid with small rope pull worked great .cut out for side access will eventually have a door . Black storage  plastic box worked great for support when the bed was folded out almost 6' long gave us plenty of room to stretch out and sleep comfortable 

2017-11-05 23.19.30.jpg

I like the kuat rack, I might look into one for one bike...but no hitch yet.  Could use a hitch for other stuff, this table is even in a bag that says Ford, but sold out.

image.thumb.png.36d535c813e32713cd94a61b348304b3.png