Ford Transit Connect Forum

Finding info on spesific TSB'S

How can a customer find specific information on a Ford TSB ? I want to confirm a specific TSB exists, so in the long run I can convey the correct information to my dealer . Just blindly explaining to my dealer what I want is not working and telling them I read this information on a Ford Transit Connect board on the internet for some reason just gets them aggravated  . If I can prove that my information is correct I can probably get things accomplished . I am looking for a firmware update to put my van in " dark Mode " and below I will quote someone who was able to get this accomplished with the help of his dealer................

I complained about the entry illumination to my dealer, and expressed my concern that it would drain the battery on my 2017 TC XL Cargo Van, since it is being converted to a weekend camper. The service tech hooked up their Integrated Diagnostic System computer to the vehicle's On-board Diagnostic port and scrolled through the Body Control Module menus, but couldn't find any way to shorten or turn off the unwelcome 10-minute "Welcome Lighting."

So, I spoke with the dealership's service director, who went online and looked through Ford's technical bulletins for customer complaints about battery drain caused by the long open-door lighting delay. Sure enough, Ford had come out with a firmware update for the TC's Body Control Module. Once my vehicle's module had been updated with the new firmware, the tech was able to access the menu to turn off the lighting. The software update and programming change was covered under my warranty. Now that I am finally in "Dark Mode" I am a happy camper. Moral of the story: Keep complaining until you get results.

Let us know how you fare with your dealer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...