Ford Transit Connect Forum

Premier lighting / exterior dark mode

Any tricks to keep the exterior lights from coming on and staying on for 10 minutes every time the doors are open ?  I know you can pull the a lever  twice to turn them off but that's not always convenient when your camping and just trying to get in the back or side doors also have to repeat evey time another door is opened   .I just don't need them to come on at all, every time a door is opened . Supposedly ford had pushed out a update to the  body control module to enter into "dark mode " but my dealership hasn't been able to cure the problem?  I can't confirm the update actually exists?

Trying to find specific information to relay to my dealership before the van goes in tomorrow , not having much luck on my search ? What does ford call this function on the Transit connect ? I am trying to search . Welcome lighting , perimeter Lighting , open door exterior lighting , safety lighting and cant find any information on this ford TSB or firmware update . The ford dealer will help me out if I can tell them exactly what to update for me but last time I told them I wanted to put the van in "Dark Mode" so the exterior lights do not come on when a door is opened they did not have a clue . I use the van for camping and this function is a real problem my lights are constantly on and at night my van is lit up like a Christmas tree and causes allot of unwanted attention to come my way .

8 hours ago, Bart Luther said:

Any tricks to keep the exterior lights from coming on and staying on for 10 minutes every time the doors are open ?  I know you can pull the a lever  twice to turn them off but that's not always convenient when your camping and just trying to get in the back or side doors also have to repeat evey time another door is opened   .I just don't need them to come on at all, every time a door is opened . Supposedly ford had pushed out a update to the  body control module to enter into "dark mode " but my dealership hasn't been able to cure the problem?  I can't confirm the update actually exists?

I also plan to get my van updated to kill the exterior lighting. We camped in it for 3 week this summer and the lighting was a constant hassle and constant source of irritation. The only way I could keep the lights off most of the time (not all) was to open the drivers door before shutting the engine off, then run around and open all the doors. Then I could 1/2 latch all the doors and keep the lights off but push too hard doing the 1/2 latch and the lights are back on again, then I'd have to use the dimmer switch and flash my headlights at whatever or whoever is in front of me. It's a huge pain! Good luck....!

Yea same problem here .I felt like an ass flashing my lights at the people camping in front of me all weekend . I found if I cycled my key on and off the exterior lighting would disable for a short time but eventually start up again and my wife just couldn't get that trick so if I wasn't there the lights would just stay on , there has to be something I could present to my dealer that would pinpoint exactly what to fix ?

I recall seeing something here about the BCM update, then the tech had to go into the computer, then "Exterior" then it was something like "Perimeter lights" or maybe "Courtesy lights" and turn that feature off. I haven't brought mine into the local Ford dealer to try to get them to turn that garbage off yet.