Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Willygee

Window screens..i wonder if these would work?

Posted (edited)

2016 TC XLT

image.thumb.png.d9bd67b0d95177a8f324e48bc80de0c9.png

image.thumb.png.ed895e07a7d157c6658c00f65872741f.png

Edited by Willygee
add picture

Typical, you go looking for a torx bit set and come home with some stuff you never planned on getting.

Measure your windows including the smaller front door one. Those doors are huge and I did not find (a couple months ago) any of the drop over the door screens that would fit a TC front door. The back doors have the same problem ;(

I considered making my own but need to find the screen material at a decent price.

What I did was get plastic with screens rain gutter guards from Home Depot and cut them to fit the roll down back windows since the glass has minimal curve, unlike the front windows. Saw it on a Utube that some van dweller did. Pics are in another thread here.

Before I had screened windows installed in the sliding doors of my 2017 TC, this is what I used as screening for the driver and passenger door windows:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047QTQF8/

I cut the sheet of mosquito netting in half to make two 48" x 36" pieces. I then folded a cut piece to go over the top of the door, and sewed the 24" vertical edges together on the rear portion of the folded piece. The netting slips over the door with its sewn edge toward the rear of the van. I secured the netting around the outside of the widow's front and bottom with round ceramic magnets. About a dozen magnets were needed for each door to prevent gaps. The inside portion of the netting just hangs free.

I wish someone made some inserts..power up your window 2/3 to hold them in, just enough for some cross ventilation.