Ford Transit Connect Forum

Driver and passenger side floor mats.

Mcfly

Weathertech

My 2015 TC Wagon had some pins to anchor the factory mats. The Weathertech came with some dircular fittings that clamped to these and there is a recess in the bottom the the WT mat that fits over that fitting. Really secure, no sliding, and takes an effort to lift the WT mat off the fitting.

I ordered the van with the optional 'all weather floor mats'. $52 additional ($60 MSRP).

There are two posts sticking up from the carpet and the mat has two holes to secure to the posts, it snaps in place. Easy to remove and put pack.

The mats don't extend very far around the perimeter so I'd say they are a bit small for my use. My issue is with sand from the beach but I can see someone in a wet or snowy/flushy environment in the winter having similar issues. Perhaps those Weathertech mats are an improvement over the OEM ones. I'd consider upgrading.

In another thread discussing the cavity behind the front seats, a poster from Canada had pics that showed vinyl flooring in this area, rather than carpet. My US based Gen 2 Cargo has carpet in both areas as do most other posters.

@Mcfly - I would contact Weathertech and ask them how their mat solution for the TC would work in your situation.

Edited by windguy

My Gen2 has a rubber floor, and no pins for floor mats.

his van has something none of the us delivery ones have, and thats a CLUTCH PEDAL!!!!! oh how i wish my van was manual transmission, and while theyre at it, put the escape suspension and AWD under it please..... KTHXBYE

Hi guys. 

Sorry I'm not sure if Gen1 or 2, it's a 66 plate which was last year. It has the vinyl floor and is squishy underfoot as well. 

Are most members from the US? only asking due to the comment about the clutch pedal lol

Ok maybe I'll contact the mat company and ask for advice as I can see my floor getting worn and ripped after a while. 

Thanks guys. 

17 hours ago, Tom899 said:

I think the pins are only with the carpet option, it looks like you have a vinyl floor.

Nope, I have a vinyl floor with the pins. 

EU model.

Edited by mrtn

• 1 month later...

When you have rubber floors, you don't need mats.  You simply hose out or mop the floors.  Sounds stupid, I know.  But I've always used a mop and bucket to clean the rubber floors of commercial vehicles.  You could also use a wash rag, brush, and bucket of soapy water if you want to do it by hand.

• 4 months later...

Older topic I know, but I have a 2011 TC with carpets and no mat pins, and just added a set of carpet mats. Those have a so called "stay put" cleats, but they pretty much slide all over the place. The new mats DO have the holes in them for the mat pins.

Wonder if some of the aftermarket pins could be installed? I've seen some nylon ones that just screw into the carpeting, but they look kinda flakey. These Eagle Claw Clips look interesting - just stomp them into the carpet ...

31+DG-003zL._SY355_.jpg

Better ideas? My next plan of attack would be to get a set of Weathertech mats - pricey, but they look like they have a fairly deep well that should help keep then where they belong? My only complaint would be they do look a lot more industrial than the carpets. Still might be nice up here in cold country.

417w3JO0s4L.jpg

Experience?

Edited by sKiZo
Added link

Have a set of WeatherTech mats in my '16.  I finally put the hold down things that came with them in because the drivers side slides a bit but not bad.  Do a great job of holding the dirt, leaves, small rocks and water that gets tracked in.