Ford Transit Connect Forum

electric wiring

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where to pass a wire from the TC engine compartment to the dashboard? I am hooking up some driving lights and need to run a switch wire to the turn signal stalk.

Thanks!

Jon

There are two large grommets in the firewall behind and slightly above the brake pedal. If you remove them and then look under the hood and behind the battery, you can see into the interior. I ran my wiring through the grommets when I added my driving and fog lamps. Take a look at my gallery pictures to see how they turned out. Good luck.

There are two large grommets in the firewall behind and slightly above the brake pedal. If you remove them and then look under the hood and behind the battery, you can see into the interior. I ran my wiring through the grommets when I added my driving and fog lamps. Take a look at my gallery pictures to see how they turned out. Good luck.

Found 'em! Thank you very much.

• 4 years later...

This may be a little late for you , but i found the customer access circuit wires ( 5 ) on my daughter's '12 premium wagon . The 2 "pass thru" wires and the three fused wires ( no fuses or the "battery saver relay" ) . I have a feeling that most/all transits have the wires , but fuses and the relay make the " modified vehicle wiring " package . My concern is the 3 tiny "signal" wires, they're 10 Amp fused. Maybe they're meant to signal a relay , but where to get a big hot wire ?

The 2 " pass thru " would be easier / better to use since they are in the harness .