Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Willygee

Different pavement different road noise...what insulation to use/

2016 TC XLT. cargo, nice and quiet on fresh or dark pavement,older gray pavement gets noisy..no complaints but while i'm in my panels and wheel wells adding power ports, shore power and other wiring etc i would like to add insulation...something non adhesive and easy to pack in such as polyfill or kraft type insulation...kind off a 50/50 sound deadening thermal application would be fine...suggestions..advice:drool:

Almost spilled my coffee i laughed so hard:)

Don't know how much polyfill or Kraft type insulation would help with deadening sound  -  The industry standard for automotive applications for many years has been Dynamat 

http://www.dynamat.com/automotive-and-transportation/automotive-restoration/dynamat-xtreme/

Don

On 9/25/2017 at 5:44 PM, Willygee said:

..something non adhesive 

I get it.  You don't want to stick it on.  Otherwise, Beta Don\s suggestion would have been great.  Dynamat is an excellent product.