Ford Transit Connect Forum

Different pavement different road noise...what insulation to use/

Willygee

2016 TC XLT. cargo, nice and quiet on fresh or dark pavement,older gray pavement gets noisy..no complaints but while i'm in my panels and wheel wells adding power ports, shore power and other wiring etc i would like to add insulation...something non adhesive and easy to pack in such as polyfill or kraft type insulation...kind off a 50/50 sound deadening thermal application would be fine...suggestions..advice:drool:

• 6 months later...

Old post I know, but ...

Was thinking of using horse stall mats in the rear to deaden noise in my 2011 TC Cargo. Heavy stuff, so it should also stay in place by itself. Plans here for an overnight camping setup, and I imagine I could even bolt the bed and such into the mats using fender washers for reinforcement - they're 5/8" thick and quite sturdy. That would eliminate the need for a plywood deck, and carpeting would be optional as it's a great insulator.

4x6 foot sections around $30 at the local farm and fleet.

• 5 months later...
On 4/6/2018 at 10:22 PM, sKiZo said:

Old post I know, but ...

Was thinking of using horse stall mats in the rear to deaden noise in my 2011 TC Cargo. Heavy stuff, so it should also stay in place by itself. Plans here for an overnight camping setup, and I imagine I could even bolt the bed and such into the mats using fender washers for reinforcement - they're 5/8" thick and quite sturdy. That would eliminate the need for a plywood deck, and carpeting would be optional as it's a great insulator.

4x6 foot sections around $30 at the local farm and fleet.

Troubleshooting squeaks on my 2011 (just purchased). Did you try the stall mats?