Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Tom899

12v Powerpoints "Hot" with key off? Especially the rear one

Does anyone know if any of the 12v powerpoint receptacles are hot all the time? or are they all switched with the key? I'm getting a 2018 wagon but I imagine it will be the same for 2017, 2017, 2015, etc...

I'm really hoping the one in the back is hot all the time?

All are 24/7 hot.

agreed, 2017 all are hot. 

Thank you mrtn and engineer

Some like it hot, and some do not. I have three hot power points, one of which is used for my radar detector, which does not have an on/off switch. Rather than plug and unplug the power cord for every trip, I added a switched extension cord for 8 bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXCL2F8/

It also allows me to reroute the power cord around the dashboard.

Update to the above post:

I really wanted to like it, as the concept is great, but the execution was not. The plug's spring-loaded plunger, which contains the fuse, was either too long, or the spring was too short and/or stiff, for the plug to remain securely in the 12-volt socket. I'd plug it in, and it would just pop up after a few bumps in the road, disconnecting itself. So, I returned it.

Others have since noticed this problem. The other accessories I've plugged into the same socket remain securely connected, so the socket is not at fault. It's the most recent execution of the plug that's fatally flawed. People who purchased the item more than six months ago generally seemed happy with it. If the flaw gets fixed, I'd buy it again. Meanwhile, I'll just keep plugging and unplugging my detector as needed.