Ford Transit Connect Forum

anoying back up alarm sound

Bart Luther

Found a way to stop that annoying sound when I put my van in reverse. I unpluged this connector and the sound has stopped completely . I know it was there to warn me about to back into something but because I added this adapter to my hitch for my bicycle rack the sound happened all the time .now I get a short warning on my Dash but no annoying sound in reverse. The audible warning is supposed to stop when you plug in trailer lights but that never worked for me so every time I back my boat down the ramp I hear the sound that I'm going to crash into something now its silent so I can concentrate on what I'm doing. the camera still works just fine

back up sensor.jpg

I also have  the Curt trailer hitch and wiring kit, and as I have a raised ball mount to fit my trailer, I end up with a scenario very similar. My solutions are:

1 - Remove the ball mount if I don't need it; it only takes seconds to remove, and I don't like to bump into it.

2 - I have a switch to temporarily disable the alarm when I have the ball mount installed or when I back up with a trailer. (2015 XLT wagon). The switch leaves the camera active.

IMG426.jpg

• 4 months later...