Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

engineer

turn off or shorten duration lights are on

I saw a setting in Forscan for Approach Mode. It was under one of the module configuration tabs  It was "on" in my application. I think this involves the exterior lights when the doors are unlocked and/or opened. You will need the extended license from Forscan to change this (I think it could be changed, but unsure what it will do). See my post for remote windows up. It has links to Forscan tutorials.

16 hours ago, Don Ridley said:

I saw a setting in Forscan for Approach Mode. It was under one of the module configuration tabs  It was "on" in my application. I think this involves the exterior lights when the doors are unlocked and/or opened. You will need the extended license from Forscan to change this (I think it could be changed, but unsure what it will do). See my post for remote windows up. It has links to Forscan tutorials.

I got the extended license for Forscan (it's free, but you have to renew every 2 months) and tried to turn the approach lights off, but it didn't work for me. From what I'm seeing, I need to get the BCM updated and then it *should* work correctly. 

Windguy, when you read the BCM and other modules, save the file and keep it as a master copy. You can reload it to the BCM if you do mess something up, lol. 

When the dealer updates the BCM it would make sense to have them also activate dark mode. We will have to wait for a late 2017 or 2018 owner to confirm the Forscan function.

6 minutes ago, Don Ridley said:

When the dealer updates the BCM it would make sense to have them also activate dark mode.

In an ideal scenario, yes, but my experience has proved otherwise. If the dealer can figure out how to do this then consider yourself lucky.

So far for me, two different dealers and two different techs at the second dealer were unable to successfully disable the approach lights.

And I'm not sure if any of the three techs successfully updated my 2015 TC BCM as required. Ford ETIS doesn't show it being updated, if that's accurate.

56 minutes ago, jrm223 said:

I got the extended license for Forscan (it's free, but you have to renew every 2 months) and tried to turn the approach lights off, but it didn't work for me. From what I'm seeing, I need to get the BCM updated and then it *should* work correctly. 

Windguy, when you read the BCM and other modules, save the file and keep it as a master copy. You can reload it to the BCM if you do mess something up, lol. 

Thanks jrm223. I can certainly follow that protocol saving original files, but there is some risk in the process whenever you start messing with something.

I'd still like to know if Forscan or FoCCCus program shows you the BCM version level. I'm still uncertain if mine has been properly update to the required "latest/post 2016 build" version.

I'd like you to check Ford ETIS for your VIN before and after you have your BCM updated to see if that BCM status changes.

Here's the link. First register and create a free account. Thanks!

https://www.etis.ford.com/home/about.do

On 4/12/2018 at 3:09 PM, windguy said:

Thanks jrm223. I can certainly follow that protocol saving original files, but there is some risk in the process whenever you start messing with something.

I'd still like to know if Forscan or FoCCCus program shows you the BCM version level. I'm still uncertain if mine has been properly update to the required "latest/post 2016 build" version.

I'd like you to check Ford ETIS for your VIN before and after you have your BCM updated to see if that BCM status changes.

Here's the link. First register and create a free account. Thanks!

https://www.etis.ford.com/home/about.do

Is this the right spot to check for current BCM version? I also see a History tab, which shows nothing.

Acronym   Description   Assembly Part No.   Software Part No.   Last Checked
BCM   Body Control Module (BCM)   DV6T-14A073-UM   DV6T-14C094-BH   08-12-14 21:51

On 4/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, jrm223 said:

Is this the right spot to check for current BCM version? I also see a History tab, which shows nothing.

Acronym   Description   Assembly Part No.   Software Part No.   Last Checked
BCM   Body Control Module (BCM)   DV6T-14A073-UM   DV6T-14C094-BH   08-12-14 21:51

Yes. Good job getting to that. Thanks

Your build date is probably 12/08/14 (ETIS shows dy-mo-yr)

Screen shot for mine is below. Build date is 10/29/14.

My HISTORY tab shows nothing as well.

I'm assuming this means the BCM was never updated.

Edited by BSUPC
User Requested.

17 hours ago, windguy said:

Yes. Good job getting to that. Thanks

Your build date is probably 12/08/14 (ETIS shows dy-mo-yr)

Screen shot for mine is below. Build date is 10/29/14.

My HISTORY tab shows nothing as well.

I'm assuming this means the BCM was never updated.

below is my screen shot

5ad8c08e6f256_FordEtisSoftwareSummary12-07-17.thumb.jpg.0beb392288f4d299c8e8c889e82b3a38.jpg