Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

engineer

turn off or shorten duration lights are on

22 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I'm sorry your still getting the run around it is such a simple fix with the right knowledge being handed to them. Why do they dealers risk making you go to someplace else or to another brand? I'm just glad I got mine done as I smile every time I open the doors and the lights don't come. To me it would be worth it any ways to spend the money to correct the problem because what I mainly want the van for is camping and astronomy pursuits and I hate any unnecessary lighting  anywhere period. With what I already spent on a roof rack and adding a battery and some other items that would be a small price in the grand scheme of the build :spend:. Speaking of builds maybe I better start a build thread when I get a chance.

@JoeMan - Thanks for sharing your thoughts and empathy. You are spot on in your thinking.This dealer handled this whole repair or lack of very poorly. Funny how I didn't get a repair survey afterwards. Coincidence? I still may pursue this with another dealer with a different angle this time. If I do decide to pay for it I won't be having the work done at the local dealer. They don't deserve any compensation after jerking me around. Good Will works both ways.

YES, you owe us your own build thread. Please share with lots of pics. 

Your screenshot shows "History" (in grey), to the right of "Modules". Click on that. This gives you tracking of actions.

9 hours ago, cynar said:

Your screenshot shows "History" (in grey), to the right of "Modules". Click on that. This gives you tracking of actions.

Thanks Cynar.

When I select the History Tab, nothing shows up. See screen shot below

5a2b40d455579_FordEtisSoftwareSummary12-08-17.thumb.jpg.7a00d6c1dd04f576235509c44ef925cf.jpg

Edited by windguy

"There are no sessions for the selected VIN" probably means that your car has never been connected to the Ford servicing software. Which in turn means, of course, that no attempts to make any updates have taken place. Ever.

The good news is that you now have identified a means to verify statements made by dealers or garages.