Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Boomerweps

Factory Towing package?

Does the factory towing package include anything other than the receiver hitch and wiring? Curious because of the engine/transmission performance difference between my 2014 SWB with factory towing package and the new 2017 LWB without. Or is it just the weight change?

I suspect is is just the Weight.  The tow package has a software adjustment to the Stability Module  for a trailer sway .

So the tow package does not have extra heavy duty transmission and engine oil coolers, different fuel trim tuning, and a different shifting strategy for the automatic transmission?

No upgraded brake kit to stop the extra weight?

There's a trailer module in the back and the transmission shift map should be self-adaptive. The ECU knows the trailer is hooked up. I don't see any heavy duty coolers in mine, looks standard.

There are  no extra coolers  and the brakes are the same.  I have pulled 3 different trailers with mine and the brakes are completely adequate for the rated weight of a trailer. I added a Curt Hitch and wiring kit  to mine so I do not have the Trailer Module.   The Transmission seems fine and shifts well when Pulling the trailers. 

All good to hear. I never put anything other than a rubber plug into my 2014's receiver ;)

But I like options.