Ford Transit Connect Forum

fold out bed

Hello.Just got my new 2011 TC this week.I bought the XLT w/o seats. I would like to find or build some type of couch that faces forward and that can also fold out to a bed. I've see on some UK sites where they make whats called a "rock and roll" bed. Thats what I'm looking for but i don't want to have to ship it from th UK.Are there any american companies that make such a thing? Thanks for your help.

Hello.Just got my new 2011 TC this week.I bought the XLT w/o seats. I would like to find or build some type of couch that faces forward and that can also fold out to a bed. I've see on some UK sites where they make whats called a "rock and roll" bed. Thats what I'm looking for but i don't want to have to ship it from th UK.Are there any american companies that make such a thing? Thanks for your help.

As of now no one I know of are making that type seat bed. I was thinkin maken a trifold bench seat bed add ext to front that with leg supports and try have it able to fold back when not in use. It need be high cooler so you can slide under the seat. If at that high all you need to do is fold down front seats. I put a full size air mattress on boxes and was able strech out that way, I have a twin air mattress on floor now and hits back door front seats.

I have a trifold in a full size van, when made into a seat gives you even more room behind and under the guy made it square steel to hold 320 his size.

There is lighter metal square what holds electrical on top ceiling.

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin Hornby is making one. It looks very nice. On the price sheet he also lists a Pop-Top model but I cannot find any photos.

http://kevinhornbydesigns.com/specialty_vehicles/transit-connect-conversion/#transit

http://kevinhornbydesigns.com/wp-content/gallery/transit-optional-custom-items/img_4895.jpg

Edited by VWVagabonds