Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hello Again

windguy

Just want to say HI to my fellow forumites. I'm slowly easing back into the forum after being absent for a long time. I got too busy with other things to visit the forum but now I'm desperate for a distraction from CNN and all the BS going on these days. I need to be in a happy place and the TC Forum is the perfect outlet.

I'm glad to be catching up what all the TC lovers have been doing with their vans. I see lots of upgrades and custom conversions going on, which is very cool and interesting to see. There is some real talent and creativity going on.

Just to catch up on things, what happened to the toaster? I only see remnants of burnt toast here and there. Was it a short circuit again? Reincarnation possible? Not important to know but always curious.

Happy to report that my TC is chugging along just fine with just over 12,000 miles. I put on Yakima roof racks this summer and I'll share that info with a write-up. Also had to have the AC condenser replaced under warranty due to a leak and no cold air. The dealer finally solved the heater problem with the center console getting smoking hot. I better get to work and make some posts on these things.

Peace!

I noticed he was not posting and looked him up on here to see when he last logged in. He is banned from the site. No clue what happened and I am not going to push the issue. What ever it was, it was before I became a moderator. 

But welcome back to the forum. 

2 hours ago, G B L said:

Windguy  welcome back . My rig just turned 56000 mi .

Looking Forward to the things you and your van are about.

I Offer a Toast [not burned] to your return 

That's funny. Dang, 56K miles is insane considering how little I drive my TC. Love it! You're about to exceed your warranty on miles vs time, which is much better in my opinion.

To all - thanks for the greeting and updates regarding 'The Poster Formally Known As Toaster'. My curiosity has been put to rest though I have a sneaking suspicion he is still lurking this forum under a new alias.

Welcome back Windguy. I haven't done much more on my conversion, moved twice since last November, lol. But, I'll be rolling 62K on my 2015 van soon, maybe a week or two... I have the longest warranty Ford offers on our vans because of being financed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 7:18 AM, jrm223 said:

Welcome back Windguy. I haven't done much more on my conversion, moved twice since last November, lol. But, I'll be rolling 62K on my 2015 van soon, maybe a week or two... I have the longest warranty Ford offers on our vans because of being financed.

Thanks!

31K per year. That's crazy. You must be at the gas station every few days. How's your gas mileage?

Edited by windguy

When I was living in Illinois, I was doing 100 miles a day going to work & home. When I moved to Texas last November, that got cut to 54 miles a day, then I moved again in March and it's now 23 miles round-trip! Although I've also made three trips up to visit family and friends in Illinois this year at roughly 2K miles per trip... As for MPG's, I was getting 26-28 when living in Illinois, but Texas gets me 22-24 :( because of the higher speed limits (70MPH in-between towns where I'm at now, was 75MPH for the first place I lived down here).

340 miles on that one? Man, I had bought my van on a Tuesday and by the first weekend it was almost at 340! lol

On 9/15/2017 at 9:48 AM, jrm223 said:

When I was living in Illinois, I was doing 100 miles a day going to work & home. When I moved to Texas last November, that got cut to 54 miles a day, then I moved again in March and it's now 23 miles round-trip! Although I've also made three trips up to visit family and friends in Illinois this year at roughly 2K miles per trip... As for MPG's, I was getting 26-28 when living in Illinois, but Texas gets me 22-24 :( because of the higher speed limits (70MPH in-between towns where I'm at now, was 75MPH for the first place I lived down here).

340 miles on that one? Man, I had bought my van on a Tuesday and by the first weekend it was almost at 340! lol

thanks for the update. An hour less driving per day means more free time to spend on the TC forum :)