Ford Transit Connect Forum

Parallel wiring dimmer switch to turn off perimeter lighting

Willy,

This is complicated and probably impossible. There are multiple computers (modules) that communicate the status of switches, delays etc. to a main module. Not sure you can simply bypass all the logic with a switch. You will need several pages of schematics and an explanation of the logic. The service manual may have enough info to do this. Search for posts for a PDF copy of the manual if you are interested. They cost about $65.

After further thought, if you just want to keep the lights from turning on when you open the driver's door I have a write-up that will be useful.

You will have to install the new switch in parallel with the driver door latch switch (not as shown in my post).

• 1 month later...

Ohh how I can relate! This is the only annoying thing I have with my '17 TC!

I use mine constantly, in and out every door, all day. I have already killed the battery once as each time a door is opened, these stupid lights come on for 10 minutes before turning off unless ALL doors are closed or I open the drivers door, push then pull headlight lever. Then, when opening another door (basically, as a work van, each door is a drawer to my toolbox) PERFORM RITUAL ALL OVER AGAIN!

I am old school and have wire cutters in hand! Lol! But some techno-weenie has probably hacked in some code to shut down the system and notify the geek police! (Did I mention I am OLD school?)

I am persistent and will eventually track down the wire that provides each door switch with continuity and put a shut off switch on it.

if I have to, I will go to a marine supply store and buy a big red Perko battery shut off switch and screw it to the dashboard!?