Ford Transit Connect Forum

How to locate attachment points for rear shelves?

I would like to build custom shelves for the rear 1/3 area of my Transit.

Securing the shelves should be a no-brainer, but I can't find any information about any built-in attachment points.

Does anyone know where I can find information on the location of anchor points or attachment locations for a 2011 Ford Transit Connect?

This one has the third set of side windows, so no solid panel on upper portion.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

• 1 year later...

aloha richand, Yes you can make your own shelving and save big bucks, built mine using 1- 4x8x 3/4", and 1-4x8x1/2" sheet of ply wood, bought set of templets from diyconversion.com, saved lots of time and most of all aggravation in cutting compound curved cuts, had mine in for 2 years, anchored to floor by removing anchor bolt (T-50), and than use angled brakets to attach to sheet metal interior van wall and wood shelving.

• 2 years later...

Walmart sells a cube organizer system that fits perfect between the rear door and sliding door. Holds 6 of their collapsable cubes. It's plastic tubes and 4 particle board shelves so there's almost no weight. I used a bungee cord near the top to hold it in place. The wheel well causes a slight tilt keeping the cubes in place.

• 4 months later...

Walmart sells a cube organizer system that fits perfect between the rear door and sliding door. Holds 6 of their collapsable cubes. It's plastic tubes and 4 particle board shelves so there's almost no weight. I used a bungee cord near the top to hold it in place. The wheel well causes a slight tilt keeping the cubes in place.

Were you able to determine what the smaller threaded holes are in the 2015 year cargo area and along the side door openings?

I've discovered the larger holes are M10x1.5mm but I am stumped on what the other numerous smaller threaded holes are.

Were you able to determine what the smaller threaded holes are in the 2015 year cargo area and along the side door openings?

I've discovered the larger holes are M10x1.5mm but I am stumped on what the other numerous smaller threaded holes are.

M6x1.0