Ford Transit Connect Forum

2018 Transit Connect Wagon

arkie

New member.  Have a 2018 XLT Wagon SWB on order. 

We made the decision to buy a Connect in January.  It will replace two cars - a 2009 Kia Borrego and a 2007 Mitsubishi Raider. 

We wanted something that seated five,  could haul a significant amount of cargo in an enclosed area but not be so nice I that I couldn't haul bags of mulch and other garden supplies.  Minivans were too big and nice. Even small SUVs were too nice.  A base Honda Element would have been perfect but it isn't made anymore.  Both of my kids had Elements as their college cars.  My daughter is still driving her 2006 as she cannot not find anything better to match her lifestyle. 

We were unable to find any 2017 models that had all of the features we were looking for.  The combination of SWB, Sync3 and all safety features was impossible to find.  Multiple dealers told us that no Connect in the US had all of the features we wanted.  And that it was too late for 2017 special orders.

We placed an order with a local dealer in March.  Have been waiting since then.  Ford didn't accept the order until June.  We were told two weeks ago that our vehicle had been slotted for production.  Haven't heard anything since then.

Not complaining.  We knew it would be a months long process since we were in the gap between model years.  We went through this last year when we ordered a 2017 Chevy Volt.  Seven months between ordering and delivery as Chevy kept delaying starting production of the 50 state model.

The Ford website has no info on the 2018 which is irritating. 

Has anyone else ordered a 2018? 

Edited by arkie

Yes, I did.

Ordered it in April - Ford Canada. Vehicle had been slotted for production mid June. Should arrive late in August :). This will be my work vehicle, replacing Dodge Caravan...

Specs List:

Transit Connect XLT Van LWB

Dual Sliding Doors with Rear Lift-Gate

Frozen White

2nd-Row Fixed Glass - Driver & Passenger Side

Electric Rear-window Defroster with Wiper

Front and Rear Splash Guards

Quick Clear - Electric Windshield Defroster

Large Exterior Mirrors - Power Adjust & Heated

Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems

16 x 6.5-inch Aluminum Wheels

Cloth Seats - Medium Stone