Ford Transit Connect Forum

light in rear door

i just picked up used TC and they installed a LED light in rear driver door where the 3rd brake light panel would be ..its burnt out and i cannot find 1 anywhere..either i replace it or put in a filler panel..anyone ever seen it before??...thanks

Have not seen this, but would love to see it. I know several of us would love to know the part number of the LED light they used as well as seeing a picture of it installed and such. I would love to have mine filled in with a nice LED light. 

On 8/4/2017 at 4:03 PM, mrtn said:

I guess it's not legal in the US 

This is so true for some many things.  :(

Here in the State of North Carolina our Governor just passed a law that goes into effect 1 Oct. 2017 outlawing the use of LED light bars on all State maintained highways. This same law will also regulate all other exterior auxiliary lighting including fog lights. Any additional lighting will be limited to no more than two, and must be adjusted so that the lights beam does not fall on the road surface more than 20 feet from the front of the vehicle, nor across the center line into on coming traffic. 

But yet they intentionally left out the HID and LED headlight conversion kits. Kill one thing that is actually useful to the citizens, and allow the one thing that needs to be addressed.  Welcome to American Politics. 

That's not exclusive to America. Pencil pushers are dumb universally. I remember when the first aftermarket third brake lights started appearing on the market early nineties over here the lawmakers came up with a rule that there have to be two "third" brake lights and they have to be on the rear window, at least 15" apart or something like that. So brainless officials not understanding the actual effect of the third brake light (to be visible through at least one car between the seats to give more cars more reaction time) did not make any sense to them.

83722010.jpg

Same goes with rear fog lights - some idiot required the rear fog light to be positioned off center to the left to some amount. So all the cars with a factory mounted center fog light were illegal.

220px-2004_Peugeot_206_(T1_MY04)_CC_1.6_