Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

ATLmtnbiker

Can anyone ID these OEM roof racks?

I just bought a 2012 TC last week. I'm planning to build it out into a camper van and looking at my rack options. The one I bought came with what appears to be an OEM rack but I cannot find it anywhere on Ford or any other website. It seems kind of flimsy so considering taking it off but I don't know what's even underneath it since it doesn't appear to use normal mounting points. Has anyone seen this? Is it even reasonably sturdy? Can any of you with a naked roof take a photo of the mounting points this might be attached to? I'm a little concerned someone just drilled into the roof inexplicably. 

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

Posted (edited)

It looks to me as though someone just drilled. I'll see if I have any good pictures of my naked roof.

Edit: Oh, just realized you have a 2012. My 2016 is likely quite different.

Edited by chong

Based on the fasteners it was added after mfg. And those fasteners are too small for heavy loads.