Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hello from SoCal

PRNDL

I will be picking up '15 LWB Platinum CPO, with about 15k on the clock, this weekend. I bought it for my disabled son. I plan to put a "turny" passenger seat in front and a wheelchair hoist in back to lift, stow and go (to borrow a line).

Glad I found this sight as I plan to mod it up a bit for him. He is in his mid twenties and has a Brain injury so I wanted to get him something comfy and practical for us. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/29/2017 at 8:16 PM, Fifty150 said:

High Five from The City, up here in Norte Califas.

I don't know how comfortable your son will be, with his chair strapped down.  The ride is a little bumpy, at best, in a Transit Connect.  After all, it's not a Cadillac.  

KIMG0336.JPG

His wheelchair will be loaded in back with a hoist. He will be riding "shotgun" with a seat that rotates out of the car for easy transfer. I got the TC because the high roof just swallows up the chair. Any other minivan, access is to low in back.

I usually load my passenger into whichever seat they want to sit in, then fold up the chair and place it behind the 3rd row.  There is enough room back there to place a folding chair.

But your set-up sounds pretty cool.  Makes me think that I could use a motorcycle ramp to roll the chair right into the van.

A mobility company is doing the work.

Also looking at Focus RS or ST wheels. My other son did custom stereo work while in college and wants to do a speaker/amp upgrade.

Edited by PRNDL