Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

•  
    Custom Search

OK,  I recently bought a 2017 TC XLT wagon.  It has the silver roof rails but not the crossbars.  It looks like the cross bars could have been ordered for $195 when the car was purchased but afterwards they cost nearly $500.  What a scam.  I can't seem to find any after market(thule, yakima, etc) crossbars that fit these factory rails.  Has anyone found anything that works?  If so, could you share the brands/part numbers?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Not sure what factory channels look like but I installed the weatherguard mounting channels( see weatherguard picture,similar to yours?) and weatherguard 218-3-03 racks.Very industrial looking but will haul ladders or sheet goods.

Racks were PAINFULLY noisey until I filled the underside with expanding foam.

http://www.weatherguard.com/en/view/Products/Van Storage Equipment/Roof Racks/Mounting Kit/2085-0-01

https://americanladders.com/product/model-218-3-all-purpose-rack-aluminum-2-cross-member/

20170709_074319.jpg

Edited by JackGrimshaw
Bad link

The hard part of the rack is the Silver rails There are several Company's that make crossbars that will fit the Silver rails.   You will find what you need keep looking.Call the Tech Line at  thule and yakima. some one there will help you out.

Keep us posted on the search!