Ford Transit Connect Forum

Skylight question

Rebecca P

Hello!  I test drove a 2016 Ford Transit Connect that did not have a sunroof or skylight I believe it it called.  i loved the way it drove but was not able to buy it at that time.  Now I have found one online that I love and would like to buy...but it has a skylight as a listed feature.  Now, I "assumed"--yeah, we know about that!--the skylight has a cover that can be opened to let the light in or closed to keep the sun out.  But, my helpful husband said he thought it was just a piece of glass and doesn't have a cover.  Now I am worried about that because I live in blazing hot Louisiana and don't even care to have a skylight at all but am willing to have it if it has a cover.  I called Ford customer service but that department is already closed for the day.  Could someone here PLEASE ease my mind about this and let me know whether or not there is a cover that can be slid over the skylight to keep the sun out.  Seems like a stupid question but I need an answer...so I'm asking anyway :) Thank you all and I hope to be joining the ranks of Transit Connect owners very soon.

I didn't have a clue, so I did a search.  The 'skylight' is actually called the 'Vista Roof' and yes, it appears it does come with a sliding panel (a power one no less) to block the sun in the daytime

http://www.buyford.com/carresearch/Vehicle-Quote.html/year_2016/make_Ford/model_Transit Connect/trim_LWB Titanium/id_32578/confid_buyford/section_Options/

Hope this helps!

Don

15 minutes ago, Beta Don said:

I didn't have a clue, so I did a search.  The 'skylight' is actually called the 'Vista Roof' and yes, it appears it does come with a sliding panel (a power one no less) to block the sun in the daytime

http://www.buyford.com/carresearch/Vehicle-Quote.html/year_2016/make_Ford/model_Transit Connect/trim_LWB Titanium/id_32578/confid_buyford/section_Options/

Hope this helps!

Don

Don, thank you so much for taking the time to reply!  My first thought was that OF COURSE it has some type of cover that can be opened and closed because I'd think it would be illegal to sell something that simply allowed the blinding sun to pour in and/or children in the back seats to stare directly into the sun for long periods of time...but then I started doubting myself because my husband is "usually" smart ;)  I appreciate you!

Sorry to bother you all,I am new to forum.i have a lwb connect 53 plate,dual leaf spring!i am missing a damper or rubber mound that sits in between the two leaf springs on the rear please can someone help me in the right direction in finding or buying one or know what they are called exactly?many thanks