Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Had the windshield replaced on a 2014 XLT. It has the more basic radio package. 

But the windshield folks had to find a different pn# because "You car has GPS...." so wonder, if there's a GPS antenna in front of the mirror, where's the coax cable from it end up? I could make use of it for another receiver.

The black bump in front of the dash is not a GPS antenna. 

At the top of the windshield, in front of the interior mirror? If not, why did the glass shop need a different windshield?

They're idiots. 

It's a standard light sensor to tell the ECU the sun position to guide the A/C and headlights/dash lights. All cars have it.

Hmm, he was specific that this model "has an added bracket" and thus they had to get a different windshield. Took another hour of my cooling my heels..... Wish I could have seen it.

But you say all models have the same sensor there? 

Oh, if it's a bracket then I don't know. I assumed he was talking about the heated windshield which would block some of the GPS signal.

Posted (edited)

This is not the heated windshield.  (That was the other question Safelite asked when I booked the job.)

Where is the factory GPS antenna? I'd think it would be dashboard mounted forward against the windshield for best sky view.....

Edited by Usually Befuddled

No clue where it would be located one this model, but here is what the GPS antenna looks like if it was factory installed. 

19192496ebb20bf1b8540b131b2151ae.jpg?cb=

GPS antenna? I thought that looks like the Sirius radio antenna.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:54 AM, Boomerweps said:

GPS antenna? I thought that looks like the Sirius radio antenna.

It is, on his model year at least. The SYNC3 GPS antenna is built into that same puck for model years with SYNC3. If the OP has either of the previous iterations of sync then there's a GPS module floating around in there somewhere, but I have no idea where it would be placed. Usually under the dash on top of the steering column.