Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Hi there! New to the forum—I don't own a FTC yet, but I'm looking at one this weekend that hopefully will be the one. I'm downsizing from an '89 Ford E-150 Club Wagon which I had converted into a camper van:

?format=1500w

?format=1500w

I love this big rust bucket, but it's just not reliable enough (I've made good use of my AAA membership's towing). I also don't need quite as much space as I anticipated, as I rarely slept in the giant bed we built, and cooking inside is dangerous/hot.

The primary purpose of my van is to haul my recreational sled team around:

?format=1500w

So the plan is to build out my FTC as a mini version of my old setup, minus the bed and desk. I plan to build a frame around the dog crates, but it will be much more minimal—mostly for storage.

My hope is to use the second row of seating as a bed if I'm in a pinch and don't want to pitch a tent. (I'm a tiny human, so I think I'll manage with a sleeping pad and bag)

I expect I'll mostly travel with the second row of seats folded up, so I was thinking I'd like to make or buy something to keep them covered (a lot of dirt and dog hair travels through the van). Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

Welcome to the forum.  I hope all works out for you on this adventure. 

Hey kizdog87, welcome to the forum.  :)  There are some good folks here that will help.  There are lots of van owners here that convert their vans to suit their dogs as a good owner should.  :puppy_kiss:  Enjoy, there's lots of fun stuff that happens here.  :shift:

Welcome from a fellow dog hauler!!