Ford Transit Connect Forum

WISH LIST!!!!

bikinchris

This is my wish list for the next redesign of the TC van model. 

• An owner/operator version. In years past, you could buy a work vehicle, but with the owner/operator option, it had much nicer interior. It's much more comfortable and less "industrial."
  • A power point in the overhead shelf. 
  • A 110v outlet both in the rear and on the right side for laptops etc.
  • a optional 5 way camera like the F150 has with hard drive. The windowless vans could use this! You can mount the screen to view the area around the van where the rear view mirror would be. It also helps in crashes to prove who was wrong.
  • A place for business cards in the dash. With ALL THAT SPACE, they could find a place to hold business cards, right?
  • A place to hold clipboards in that cavernous dashboard.
  • The European version of the TC has a door above the drivers side dash which can be used to store things. I want that!
  • I'm sure that people who live in cold climates would like an AWD version.
  • I want a solar powered vent for the back of my van. The 135+ degree heat under our Louisiana sun is VERY hard on cargo and chemicals. At least a powered vent would lower that temperature by 30F

Please add your own!

Edited by bikinchris

3 hours ago, Loafer said:

Inside air filter

better stereo speakers

Which air filter do you mean, pollen filter for the vent? There should be one.

Also, speakers are easy to replace with better ones.

6 hours ago, Beta Don said:

Amen on the better headlights!  -  They really missed the boat there, didn't they?

What's weird is that the older model had excellent headlights.

An all-wheel drive would be interesting.  Once I Adjusted the Head lights they are very good.  A less awkward Traction control switch would be very nice. I like the sliding load floor Idea. 

Edited by G B L

mrtn, Ford dealership tells me that there is no filter for outside air coming into the cabin on the 2012 TC.  With respect to front door speakers I have switched them easily using 5" high end speakers.  :)

Well using my van as a mobile repair van, I would love some speakers mounted on the rear doors. 

And yes they are available from stereo shops, but some of us just like for it to come setup already and not cut holes into the van. 

One of the first things I did on my van when it came in was to use the sound deadening mats all over the inside of the rear. Of course, when I installed all of the tool boxes and shelving for parts boxes, it started to make noise again. But having the option of getting the inside of the work van covered in boom mat would also help insulation. As I said the sun really beats down on things around here even in winter.   

5 hours ago, Loafer said:

mrtn, Ford dealership tells me that there is no filter for outside air coming into the cabin on the 2012 TC.  

I've been changing my pollen filters all these years for no reason!

Edited by mrtn

The American version of the 2012 does not come with the cabin air filter installed. You have to purchase the filter and install it own your own. I guess they figure those bloody Americans are tough, they dont need no bloody air filter. 

That's interesting BSUPC, because I asked the dealer and they replied there wasn't one.  I got off the crazy train :kookie::zombi: at the last stop so I do not argue or challenge and just expect "blow offs" as a normal part of the day. :read: Then I go about handling the issue in a rational way.  Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Remove the black plastic trim from under the passenger side wiper blade. You will find a compartment with a black plastic piece inside of it. You have to remove the black plastic piece and replace it with the filter. I used this Fram filter that I purchased from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/CF9118A-Fresh-Breeze-Filter-Hammer/dp/B001CEG9BC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498127385&sr=8-1&keywords=CF9118A

16 hours ago, Loafer said:

Hey, thanks BSUPC :) I have one ordered.  I appreciate the instructions too.  :yahoo:

Was sent this website tonight from a friend at work who also has a TC. Here is a video of checking the cabin air filter. I was told the 2012 did not has one also from my dealer, but thought i twas funny that Rock Auto as well as Amazon were selling them for the 2012. 

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2010_Ford_Transit_Connect_XLT_2.0L_4_Cyl._Mini_Cargo_Van/air_filter_cabin/check

Changing is easy. Remove the passenger side piece under the wipers, then a tin cover from under it and there it is. Easy with yanking stuff, the plastic may have become brittle over time.There's possibly a plastic grid tray there which you need to remove to install a generic filter. My original filter was in the plastic grid but the aftermarket one fit in the bottom tray, had to leave the grid thingy out.

49 minutes ago, mrtn said:

Changing is easy. Remove the passenger side piece under the wipers, then a tin cover from under it and there it is. Easy with yanking stuff, the plastic may have become brittle over time.There's possibly a plastic grid tray there which you need to remove to install a generic filter. My original filter was in the plastic grid but the aftermarket one fit in the bottom tray, had to leave the grid thingy out.

Thanks for the added info mrtn :hi5:

• 8 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, G B L said:

An all-wheel drive would be interesting.  Once I Adjusted the Head lights they are very good.  A less awkward Traction control switch would be very nice. I like the sliding load floor Idea. 

A rear wheel drive would be even more interesting. From my pov.

And a "less awkward Traction control switch" is really an understatement. After a good bit of trial & error I finally found it (I even did the RTFM command). The manual is very good about telling you that you CAN do this, but sorely lacking in telling you just HOW to accomplish the task. I hope like hell I never need to turn it off WHILE driving. That would be exponentially worse than texting while driving.

Living in the Snow/Mud belt I have practiced the Traction Control turn off procedure .  This car becomes very vulnerable rapidly so practice makes for safer operation.

Why do you want Rear drive more than all wheel drive/

Curious as to what the problem is in the snow.  We get it rarely down here and if you know how to drive in the snow the best thing to do is park in your garage because everyone else drives like it is raining i.e speed up!  Oh and those who have 4 wheel drive PU trucks think they are invincible but not for long.  Somewhere I have a photo of three trucks parked side by side, all going to same direction on a two lane road.  Oh and when it starts to melt most forget about the shady side of the hill still having snow and ice.  

9 hours ago, G B L said:

Living in the Snow/Mud belt I have practiced the Traction Control turn off procedure .  This car becomes very vulnerable rapidly so practice makes for safer operation.

Why do you want Rear drive more than all wheel drive/

Easier to modify. You know if they sold such a thing inside a week someone would have a 5.0 sitting in it. Three months later there would be a kit for most anyone to do it. Sadly, none of these little vans are RWD.

When the traction control senses slippery conditions the stage one  uses the brake to simulate positraction.  This is a good idea. However if it is snow or mud it uses stage 2 when it senses both wheels having traction issues it disables the throttle completely . This renders the car, Van , pickup truck  dead in the intersection,  crossroad or hill .  If the positraction mode was extended then the traction control would be a great asset.  The traction control works very well in the rain above 20 mph .