Ford Transit Connect Forum

Adding Factory center Dome light

Hello,

I have the factory interior led lights in my 2016 Titanium. I wanted more light when needed & noticed a spot in the middle of the overhead shelf where there is a blank filler panel that a Dome light goes for some models. I bought a factory center Dome light off ebay & it snaps in & fits perfect, The wiring harness & plug attached to the light are pretty long & I cannot find where it plugs in. My question is does anyone know where the factory plug/connector is for the center Dome light ?. I would think all vans have the connector even if they do not come with the center light. I think I have to take down the shelf to find the plug/connector but was hoping someone here might have already done this or know where the connector is.

Thanks !!! 

Dome light.jpg

That looks like the light over the rear seats in my TC.  I would guess it plugs into the forward light between the sun visors, but that's just a guess.  Maybe if you lower that light, you'll see where the additional plug goes?  If there's not an extra socket there for it, it shouldn't be too hard to cut off the connector and splice it into the wiring for the forward light

Don

I don't know if any of this will be of any help since it's from my 2015 XLT and wiring book. Although not an exact match, it looks like the closest similar connector is the one labeled C936 in the 2015 diagrams. In the 2015 it's a 6 pin connector (2 rows of 3) instead of the single row 5 pin connector in the photo above. But if that's it and it's in a similar location as the 2015, it should be in the headliner above the passenger seat headrest. My XLT has two headliner panels joined in this area.

20170615_152107 (Large).jpg

20170615_152615 (Large).jpg

20170615_153517 (Large).jpg

Thanks for the replies, My van does not have a light between the visors, There is a blank removable panel there instead. I have removed the panel & the light I bought snaps right in, There is just no plug there to connect too. Here's a picture of what it looks like. My van has a small led light above the driver & passengers head & no light in the middle behind the front seats because I have the panoramic roof window..  

van dome light.jpg

van dome light location.jpg

Edited by Zarticus

OOPS, looks like I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were looking for one to fit the optional shelf behind the front seats. I realised my mistake when you mentioned the visors. I had the entire shelf removed in mine when I added USB and power ports to the overhead shelf. The connector the the light there was right inside the recess behind the raised portion i the center. It's possible yours doesn't have it due to the moonroof / suroof controls mentioned in the description for that C9040 connector in the same area.

It might be hard to tap those wires for the right signal. It looks like the manual switch uses a ground wire and a door switched wire to activate. While the C903/908/932 just have power and dimmer circuit connections. 

20170615_203800[1].jpg

Found it!

IIRC, the large grey one was for the microphone. The smaller black single and double connectors were the ones for the light, similar to the earlier center light photo I posted with them connected. The black loom is the power wires I added.

20150820_175202 (Large).jpg

• 4 weeks later...