Ford Transit Connect Forum

Remove rear panels in cargo version???

txb0115

I pulled mine out last summer so I can eventually get around to bedlining the whole back area. I just used a regular crowbar to get it started by the sliding doors since I don't have the "proper" panel removal tools and after I had the first 4-5 loose, I was able to carefully pull the panel off by hand. None of them broke, but I know one clip/tree is missing now, but I've moved twice since removing them, so I don't know/remember if it popped out during removal or from being shuffled around so much. As mentioned, I started at the side closest to the sliding doors and worked my way back. I'm also not particularly concerned with putting them back in, either - plastic gets damaged too easily, haha. Maybe if or when I eventually trade it in or sell the van, then I'll put them back in. My van is a bit noisier now without anything in the back, but it's a cargo van not a luxury sedan...

Buy a set of panel trim removal tools on Amazon for less than $20. Start at the opening for the rear fuse block.

I insulated all  the interior panels on my TC wagon using Thermozite (available on eBay and many other retailers). Use spray adhesive (3m or Loctite brand).

http://www.perfectfit.com/15269/154086/Carpet--Padding/Thermozite-Insulator-Padding----Sound--Heat-Solution.html

Thermozite on the door panels made a big difference in sound and door closing "feel". Very solid. Dynamat won't keep the plastic from rattling.

On 6/13/2017 at 3:07 PM, Don Ridley said:

Buy a set of panel trim removal tools on Amazon for less than $20. Start at the opening for the rear fuse block.

I insulated all  the interior panels on my TC wagon using Thermozite (available on eBay and many other retailers). Use spray adhesive (3m or Loctite brand).

http://www.perfectfit.com/15269/154086/Carpet--Padding/Thermozite-Insulator-Padding----Sound--Heat-Solution.html

Thermozite on the door panels made a big difference in sound and door closing "feel". Very solid. Dynamat won't keep the plastic from rattling.

How much did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

The tool is nice but you don't need it to take the clips out.  The round center needs to get pulled UP, out of the round whole piece. There is a hole "drilled" through the center of that center piece, stick a small screwdriver or pick into one end of the hole, push it in a bit and then pull up gently, once the center piece slides up, the whole clip is loose and easily removed.  To replace set it in  and push the center round piece down to expand and lock the  clip in place.

Works like a wall anchor in drywall basically, expanding and locking as the center is pushed down.

Nobody needs to break these. ;)

On 6/30/2017 at 8:40 AM, MLB said:

The tool is nice but you don't need it to take the clips out.  The round center needs to get pulled UP, out of the round whole piece. There is a hole "drilled" through the center of that center piece, stick a small screwdriver or pick into one end of the hole, push it in a bit and then pull up gently, once the center piece slides up, the whole clip is loose and easily removed.  To replace set it in  and push the center round piece down to expand and lock the  clip in place.

Works like a wall anchor in drywall basically, expanding and locking as the center is pushed down.

Nobody needs to break these. ;)

We're all talking about the "Christmas trees" on the inside of the side panels, not the push-clips on the door cards. Like these things...

10x-For-font-b-GM-b-font-3065575-1978-On