Ford Transit Connect Forum

The rear wing windows in my XLT rattled profusely when open. I discovered that all of the screws attaching the glass to the latches were loose, including the brackets that attach to the window frame. Some prudent tightening reduced the rattle quite a bit, except when driving over the big Ohio potholes. Is there any way to eliminate the rattles altogether?

• 2 years later...

I got my TC two weeks ago and it's been so hot here I've had the AC on the whole time. This week cooled off a bit and I opened the rear windows and tracked down an annoying rattle to the drivers side latch. The screws seemed tight enough but the play in the latch pivot points is what's causing it to rattle. Its a roll pin pressed into the plastic hinge. The passenger side doesn't rattle and is also not loose. I wonder what the odds are of getting another latch and having it also rattle?

After monkeying with the latch a bit I reached the conclusion to go to the dealer today. First he wanted me to leave it all day on a Saturday, so I told him I've already took off a day to have the alarm activated, which they forgot to do when I bought it. He then had the service tech look at the window and bang on it a few times and he said he really didnt hear a big difference. I told them it rattles on every bump, rough patch and truck passing me, so he said they'd order the part, even though they don't just order parts without seeing that's the problem. Trust me, its the problem. The latch is just too loose and the pieces of plastic rattle together like the plastic theyre made of. Its a pretty big piece of glass to just be held onto the vehicle with two plastic hinges and a cheap latch. Maybe not the best design.

Edited by Erik Andreski